Getting to Know You - September Edition

Thoramel

8 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 27: Would you say you're more of an introvert or an extrovert? Do you ever find yourself in situations where you're more intro or extroverted than you would normally be?

I am more of an introvert.  I am more Extroverted at sports.

• Like 10

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 27: Would you say you're more of an introvert or an extrovert? Do you ever find yourself in situations where you're more intro or extroverted than you would normally be?

Oh, I'm heavily introverted.  Heavily.

It's tough for me to more introverted.  I do sometimes get toward the middle on the scale, usually after a couple drinks or in an environment where I feel I've got enough of an opinion/enough expertise on a subject.  Otherwise I do the bare minimum to not be the weirdo in the room--sometimes I even succeed.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Like most other people here, I'm an introvert. For people who don't like too many others around them, we sure seem to naturally congregate here.................

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Strongly introverted, with the partial exception of geek events like reapercon.  I had fun meeting several of you, though I couldn't tell you now who I met or what you look like. I have a fairly small circle of gaming acquaintances that are the closest thing I have to friends, they are all at least 10 years older than me, some more like 30, and I've known most of them 20+years.

I did discover that old habits die hard, and a childhood of booth bunnying at holiday bazaars selling mom's gingerbread houses kicked in when I manned a secondhand game and art booth at a small local con and later joined a yardsale in the past 12 months.  But between crowds I would halfway shut down shaky. Going back to sell at that con in November, we'll see what happens.  

• Like 10

On 9/26/2023 at 6:15 AM, Thoramel said:

Question September 26: If you were to start your own country what would it be called?

I don’t know. Pacifica is already taken. Multiple times over. It would be a nation of floating city states out in the big middle of the Pacific Ocean. Existing Tiny island republics would enjoy standing invitations to join up (places like Tonga and Vanuatu) since they struggle on their own. 

On 9/26/2023 at 6:15 AM, Thoramel said:

What colors would your flag be? And what would be pictured on your currency? 

Flag would look like this:

8134DD53-5B52-47F5-A98E-284C2DDC56BF.thumb.jpeg.e72587e83379132c8e178b0711495cf1.jpeg

Sky above / Ocean below. 

Paper Currency: different kinds of fish on the reverse side. Portraits of our major warships on the face side. 

(Yet another unfeasible idea; but all those little Pacific places really need to team up.)

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Like most people here it depends on the situation.

I can be pretty extrovert with my "own" people ( Other Military Personell/ Family and Friends/ People I know I share the same interests with) but with complete strangers I'm still more introvert.

Also...I always need to recoup some energy after a "busy" Birthday/Party/Gathering etc...

• Like 12

20 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 27: Would you say you're more of an introvert or an extrovert?

Introvert. 
I am the most introverted person I have ever or will ever meet. :upside:

20 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Do you ever find yourself in situations where you're more …. extroverted than you would normally be?

I really never change. 
I’m the guy that can go to a party (well, be dragged there) and learn no one’s name by the end of it. 

• Like 11

21 hours ago, Thoramel said:

I know I've mentioned it before, but I'm very introverted. The Covid lockdown was great for me.  After a couple of months I did need to get out, but that was because I needed to go for a drive.

I'm definitely more extroverted somewhere that I'm comfortable and know the people. Primarily the racetrack and my FLGS.

• Like 10

I fall solidly in the extroverted introvert camp.  I can really turn it on when I need to, putting on my public face persona.  I have never had issues speaking in public or other even harder things like performing (singing, playing one of my woodwinds, etc...) in front of crowds and the like.  A big part of me likes the thrill/adrenaline rush of the spotlight, especially if the topic is something I am an expert at or the performance something I am good at doing. I REALLY like teaching and sharing knowledge.

That said, all that comes with a heavy cost, and I need to get away and recharge alone.  Typically, I need 2 to 3 times the amount of time alone that I spent being "On".  ReaperCon is a HUGE thrill for me, but I typically need about 3 weeks of "leave me alone" time afterward to recover.

I have found that as I have gotten older, I enjoy the company of others less and less, and just prefer to be alone working on my projects.

I also have a huge fear of crowds, especially crowds of people I don't know.  I avoid such situations.  In a crowded situation, I will gravitate to the periphery and look for reasons to leave.

• Like 11

23 hours ago, Thoramel said:

I would describe myself as an extrovert with limits as long as I'm in a work environment or a good mood.  I am very much a people person and happy to chat up just about anyone about just about anything, but I have a finite amount of social interaction capacity.  When the well runs dry, I need some quiet belly-button worshiping time to recharge.  This is when most of my mini-related stuff happens.  

Reading through the other responses to this question, I think many of us fall in the same boat...  🤩  Go team almost-sometimes-extrovert!! 

Edited by Rahz
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 28: What's your favorite thing to eat when you're down with a head cold.

He asks as he is trying to get over a minor head cold.

Anything I don't have to make myself.

Alt: chicken noodle soup. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Like most other people here, I'm an introvert. For people who don't like too many others around them, we sure seem to naturally congregate here.................

True, but on the internet, nobody knows you're a corgi/dog/fox/wild mage behind the keyboard, and it's a time deferred interaction kind of dealio, aaaand if you want you can step away in the middle of sentence and eventually come back and nobody bugs you about it... 

14 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 28: What's your favorite thing to eat when you're down with a head cold.

Nothing quite like a good hearty bowl of stew... or a slice or three cheesecake.  Or a DQ Blizzard... 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Hot broth or noodle soup. It's good on the throat and sinuses for a short while. If it's during winter, I'll likely already have a big pot of soup to go around.

If I'm really sick, solid food won't be my top priority.

• Like 8