Getting to Know You - September Edition

Thoramel

8 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Busy day today, sorry for being so late. Here's a couple of questions for the weekend.

Question September 9: Do you have a normal morning routine? If so what is it?

Question September 10: Do you prefer cats or kittens? Or if you're a dog type, do you prefer dogs or puppies?

9: Bathroom, brush teeth, make coffee, read Bible and breakfast.

10: I guess adult animals, depends on the recipe.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, TGP said:

Paints are consumables

Yet you literally cannot hobby without them, therefore I argue they count.  Nippers are "consumables" to those in the scale model and gunpla scenes (their life tends to be measured in kits made), but to those in the mini painting world they "last forever" 

10 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Busy day today, sorry for being so late. Here's a couple of questions for the weekend.

I suppose I have one.  It's basically wake up, make coffee, eat breakfast, drink coffee, shower, go to work... With various things in between depending on time. 

10 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 10: Do you prefer cats or kittens? Or if you're a dog type, do you prefer dogs or puppies?

I prefer them once they've grown up somewhat, and have learned a few things first.  As for animal preference, we shall go with ferret, because why not.  Love the adorable critters, although fennecs will always be supreme overlords of the living room. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Thoramel said:

yes

• Like 10

Got to play catch-up...

On 9/1/2023 at 11:55 AM, Thoramel said:

Alright, let's get this started...

Question September 1: What your favorite thing about traveling? What's your least favorite thing about it?

To be clear I'm referring to long distance travel, like going on vacation to Reapercon.

Favorite thing: when road tripping, having the music playlist set for the car. Don't mess with my road tunes.

Least favorite: using public restrooms. I like privacy and sanitation when I relieve my bodily functions.

On 9/2/2023 at 11:33 AM, Thoramel said:

Question September 2: Are there any festivals that are local to you that you enjoy going to? If so, describe one for us.

Haven't been to a festival in a long time. Currently have no inclination to go to one.

Question September 3: What's your favorite thing to do on a lazy Sunday (or any day) when you have no other responsibilities? 

Watch a movie. Haven't had a lazy day in quite a bit, life has been hectic. But a movie is always a good way to vegetate and spend time with my napping dog.

Question September 4: It's Labor Day here in the US, a day to celebrate the contributions of the workforce to society. What's something you'd like to see celebrated as a national holiday?

Tax deadline day. Because we can all celebrate having paid our taxes, which a government teacher in middle school once state to be pivotal to citizenship.

On 9/5/2023 at 7:12 AM, Thoramel said:

Question September 5: When you drive somewhere do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Is there anyone you refuse to be a passenger with and why?

Despite being rear-ended a month ago while attempting to get on the highway, I prefer to be the driver. I like my fate in my own hands. The exception to that is when I am driving somewhere I have never been or am unfamiliar with in a large city.

While I am not at the point of refusing outright to ride with him, my dad has been giving me some scares lately. My foot has been pounding the non-existent brake on the passenger side a lot more...

• Like 9

On 9/6/2023 at 7:40 AM, Thoramel said:

Question September 6: What is your favorite home cooked meal. Either your home or someone else's. Is it something you can cook on your own, or do you have to wait until someone else makes it for you?

Macaroni-with-cheese-and-ground-beef casserole topped with homemade garlic croutons. My parents are the only ones in my life who do home cooked food for me, but I can make it on my own.

A friend used to make really good homemade pizza, but I haven't had that in over 10 years.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:04 AM, Thoramel said:

Question September 7: Do you know how to swim? If so do you prefer to go swimming in a pool or in a natural body of water like a lake, stream or ocean?

Yes, I am quite proficient at swimming. Well enough to be a lifeguard if I re-certified. I prefer a pool, I like the water I put my face into to be quite sterilized.

This meme feels appropriate:

Spoiler

pee-in-a-pool-pool.jpeg.87f69e2f5b67c4dc6759b39beb44b888.jpeg

On 9/8/2023 at 7:52 AM, Thoramel said:

Question September 8: Other than brushes, what's a tool you use for mini painting that you can't go without?

Pin vise and drill bits. Even with plastic or resin figures, I still need it if the joint is wobbly, or just to pin the mini to the base.

14 hours ago, Thoramel said:

I'm usually asleep in the mornings due to working 2nd shift, but usually it consists of bodily functions, eating, and catching up with parents and my canine companions.

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Thoramel said:

German Shepherd owners affectionaly refer to their puppies as "land sharks". Those adorable puppies on my calendar never show you the truth, that when they're not sleeping, they're chewing. Fingers, toes, toys, household objects. Like children, if they're still and quiet, be very suspicious. Lilly went through probably a hundred dollars worth of chewies a month. Her favorite were the nylabone bacon treats, but we discovered the glycerine in them loosened her up, so then we tried Rollover in hooves, which is a dog sausage made locally. She never chewed the hooves, they were all over the yard. As soon as the adult teeth were all in, no more shark dog. The cuteness is there so you don't disown them on their way to becoming dogs. 

Recently Mumsy saw an ad for a woman surrendering her 6 mo old GSD. She said she couldn't handle her puppy. I was like, "Whew. I don't know anyone who can handle a 6 mo old GSD. What a handful." I told her to write back and tell the woman to hang in there, it's worth it! 

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Kittens and puppies are adorable and cute but I prefer less spastic older animals with house training.  I love cats, dogs make me nervous. 

• Like 10

Morning, or whenever I get up, routine is stagger out of bed and convince self to eat and take meds for the day. 

If forced to choose between the two, I prefer felines because they drool less, and adults for potty training.  I prefer stuffed animals anymore to living pets or plants.  No annoying noises or bodily functions, no required daily care.  Yet comforting. No complaints if you hold them too long, and no criminal charges for neglect or accidental dismemberment. Cheaper upkeep as well. 

• Like 8

On 9/9/2023 at 12:26 PM, Thoramel said:

Hard pass on cats and kittens. Kittens start off all fun and everyone's like "ooo, ahh" but then they turn into cats, and that's when there's all the running and screaming... Gabe was the only cat I ever loved.

Dogs and puppies. I love them both. I love watching a puppy grow up into a loving companion, but I have had just as good experiences giving a home to an older dog. They show gratitude and love just as much.

• Like 9

On 9/9/2023 at 1:26 PM, Thoramel said:

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

Kittens and puppies are adorable and cute but I prefer less spastic older animals with house training.  

Pretty much that.  We're a cat household. Less spastic is a big thing. Peeps is much more pleasant now that he can (and will) lay in your lap, and is about 80% less likely to randomly launch suddenly.  Not that that doesn't still happen....the latest wounds are almost healed.....

• Like 6

Weekday routine:

• Get up
  • Bathroom
  • Get dressed
  • Open patio door curtains
  • Pack lunch
  • Put on shoes
  • Leave for work

Weekend routine:

• Get up
  • Bathroom
  • Get dressed...ish (no big hurry)
  • Open patio door curtains
  • Make coffee

I'm more of a cat person (though not a cat owner), but I don't have enough experience with kittens to have a preference.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 11: Do you perform any maintenance/repairs on your home or automobile on your own, or do you hire someone else to do it for you?

We get other people if we want things done correctly and without us getting injured.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 11: Do you perform any maintenance/repairs on your home or automobile on your own, or do you hire someone else to do it for you?

I used to do all of my own maintenance and repairs, still have all of my tools. Even up to and including rebuilding and replacing a Jeep's transmission and transfer case. No almost all is done by the local oil change place.

• Like 8