Planes, Trains, and automobiles.

Chaoswolf

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got home from my 9 hour drive, very grateful that my dad met me in my parking lot to help me carry all of my stuff to my third floor apartment and now I am being absolutely smothered by a very excited purring Ygritte. 
I know I have to do a lot of hiding for my sanity, but I was so happy to meet and/or say hello again to so many of y’all and if we didn’t bump into each other this year I’ll very much look forward to meeting you next year. I was very overwhelmed to say the least but every hello, smile, wave, congratulations, hug, etc meant so much to me. And I guess my Halloween Buc-ee’s cup was not actually the highlight of my trip after all 😆 I’m gonna go crash now. But thank y’all for a great con and for being such a great community 🖤

• Like 10

Made it home safely!

After a 4 hour layover, my connecting flight was further delayed by airport traffic. Once I landed, as expected I did find I had a flat tire that I promptly reinflated, and the night drive went well.

So all in all, my travels took over 16 hours. The one surprise was there's a mini-heatwave going on and my apartment's temperature is uncomfortably hot. I'll probably run my bedroom AC all night.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Awesome Wife and I have arrived safely in the Nutmeg State (hey, I didn't name it).  In ned and ready for the rest of my week off.

I am jealous of the full week off. 

I always leave ReaperCon full of project ideas, but here I am stuck in an office not doing hobby things.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

I am jealous of the full week off. 

I always leave ReaperCon full of project ideas, but here I am stuck in an office not doing hobby things.

Same. I keep finding myself zoning out and troubleshooting diorama ideas in the middle of dealing with my full inbox. I finally gave up and started writing them down in an attempt to get my brain to maybe focus a bit lol. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

29 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Same. I keep finding myself zoning out and troubleshooting diorama ideas in the middle of dealing with my full inbox. I finally gave up and started writing them down in an attempt to get my brain to maybe focus a bit lol. 

I feel the same way.  Because of the nature of my job, I could put off my work and instead go paint the many new minis I brought home, but I know I would regret it very much later.  I keep reminding myself of this, but it isn't helping much.

• Like 3