Reapercon 2024 Excitement thread!

Corsair

8 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

How about a tentative roommate who has financial obligations he has to take care of first and won't know if he can go to Reapercon for several months? 😃

I can save you a spot!

• Like 1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, The Elder said:

Ok, looks like I need to call them directly.  The best price I could get was close to $300 a night.

Ask for the Reapercon Rate, they are trying to get more rooms for that rate.

1 hour ago, The Elder said:

Ok, looks like I need to call them directly.  The best price I could get was close to $300 a night.

36 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Ask for the Reapercon Rate, they are trying to get more rooms for that rate.

I do believe the new block (if it comes) will be more then the original Reaper-rate, but it'll definitely be cheaper then 300 (ouch.....).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, haldir said:

I do believe the new block (if it comes) will be more then the original Reaper-rate, but it'll definitely be cheaper then 300 (ouch.....).

Rooms are now up to $600/night.

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Bold said:

Rooms are now up to $600/night.

I'm seeing them in the $400s right now.  Room rates are based on demand and capacity.  The fewer rooms they have left the higher the rate gets.  

I saw somewhere that they are going to be opening up special blocks of rooms at surrounding hotels.  If you are planning to come to the con and haven't/can't get the Embassy Suites then start looking at those now. 

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Denton

Best Western Plus Denton Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn Near UNT

Red Roof Inn & Suites Denton

These 4 are within a mile of the con location and significantly cheaper.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

I'm seeing them in the $400s right now.

It depends on which nights you're looking at. Wed-Sun is $447 and up. Fri-Sun is $580, with most rooms over $600. Yesterday those same rooms were $300.

But as you correctly pointed out, the rates depend on demand and capacity.

21 hours ago, Inarah said:

I'm seeing them in the $400s right now.  Room rates are based on demand and capacity.  The fewer rooms they have left the higher the rate gets.  

I saw somewhere that they are going to be opening up special blocks of rooms at surrounding hotels.  If you are planning to come to the con and haven't/can't get the Embassy Suites then start looking at those now. 

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Denton

Best Western Plus Denton Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn Near UNT

Red Roof Inn & Suites Denton

These 4 are within a mile of the con location and significantly cheaper.  

In 2022, I signed up fairly late, and I stayed at the Best Western.  In 2023, I was at the Hilton Garden Inn.  Both years there was a ReaperCon reduced rate, both included breakfast (even though the latter did not normally have a complimentary breakfast; I received a free buffet at the onsite restaurant), and both hotel stays were just fine.  I did need a car to make it work well, though.  There should be opportunities for hotel rooms, but getting to the Embassy Suites could create a problem for some people.  I don't know if Reaper has ever offered a shuttle, but that might not be a bad idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoldenPiggy said:

There should be opportunities for hotel rooms, but getting to the Embassy Suites could create a problem for some people.  I don't know if Reaper has ever offered a shuttle, but that might not be a bad idea.

I don't believe they do hotel shuttles, the only shuttle I can recall is the one that takes people for the factory tour (and I have not heard if they are offering that this year). 

Ride sharing is encouraged.  Many folks will offer to take people in their vehicle if they are going out to get food or going back to another hotel or making a Buccee's run. 

There's also plenty of taxis, Uber, Lyft, etc and may even be a special code for con attendees. 

• Like 2

Last year (my first year) I stayed at The Best Western and it was ok.  I was really hoping to get into The Embassy Suites this year if for no other reason than I would be right there.  Plus, Embassy has a pool.  I think I paid about $150 a night at BW last year.  I will check back, over the course of the next few days to try to get the Con rate.  Even if it is higher than the initial price, if I can get it down closer to $200 a night that would be great.  Although I feel I might just be dreaming on that front.  At the moment I do have a reservation and I am locked in, I am just hoping for a better price.  Time will reveal all.

• Like 2