Reapercon 2024 Excitement thread!

Corsair

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, we were able to swap out our 4 night reservation at full price ($1617!!!) for 4 nights at the con rate ($644).  Talk about a huge difference!  Thanks for the posting @Inarah, your timing was perfect.  I hope more folks are able to get the discounted price, there's no way we could have pulled that off otherwise.  FWIW, the "premium king suite" means that we'll be on the 11th floor - so I guess the late booking crowd is going to be spending a lot of time together on the elevators!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, The Elder said:

@Inarah  Thank you very much for posting the update.  I just made my new reservation.  I added a night, leaving on Monday instead of Sunday, and saved $580.  I now have spending money.  

Looking forward to meeting you there!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Count Urlik said:

FWIW, the "premium king suite" means that we'll be on the 11th floor - so I guess the late booking crowd is going to be spending a lot of time together on the elevators!

I have put in my Hilton Honors profile to put me as high up in the building as possible. Sadly, most of my business trip hotel buildings wind up maxing at three floors. So always excited for the ES in Denton. 

Where I think the put me on the 4th floor or last year. Remember being sad I wasn’t skybound. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Count Urlik said:

Whew, we were able to swap out our 4 night reservation at full price ($1617!!!) for 4 nights at the con rate ($644).  Talk about a huge difference!  Thanks for the posting @Inarah, your timing was perfect.  I hope more folks are able to get the discounted price, there's no way we could have pulled that off otherwise.  FWIW, the "premium king suite" means that we'll be on the 11th floor - so I guess the late booking crowd is going to be spending a lot of time together on the elevators!

We might be neighbors, I did the same thing.  Love the corner suites, but hate the long walk from the elevator.  

I see they still have a few rooms left this morning at the con rate.   Hope more forumites are able to grab them.  

• Like 5

I just rebooked my room to get the full RCon discount and cancelled the previous one I had that was far more expensive.

I'm losing one bed (still got the fold out couch), but it'll be cheaper for me and my roommate.

• Like 7

Given how expensive my broken ankle is likely to be (my primary insurance gave me an "it might cost this much" letter last month, but I'm still waiting for my two insurances to work out what my actual bills will be), it's looking like I'll probably have to skip this year. I'll make my final decision around the end of June, which is when I typically buy plane tickets. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

• Sad 10

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

So, I have a hotel room booked for Sue and I.  

I also started my entry.  It feels almost immoral to be starting this early.

Actually started my prep a little bit earlier then last year. Games I wanna run those have been decided even before the new year, other then the DDRPG I decided to run. Game stuff has been printed & I'm just waiting on a few things I order with my ReaperCon melt to arrive. I know @Reaper_Jon is a very busy person, so I'm not worried about that just yet.

Now I just gotta remember not to use water-based white primer on the figures I'm gonna paint up.....(water based primer like the stuff in a can you get at JoAnn's reacts with Speedpaint paints!!!).....

Also room I got last Friday has been given to someone else, yeahhh! No need to hold onto that when people are wanting rooms.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Craps, I forgot about the Star card for travel. Since I wasn't initially planning on attending this year, I didn't give it much attention. Out of the  blue, I remember about the delay for my state. I thought about just getting a passport, but really when am I ever gonna travel outside the country & it's just one more thing I need to worry about when travelling on a plane. Plus, passports are expensive! (130 for just the book? Really??).

I guess I can start the process for the star card next month, that way it'll give me a good cushion between applying/getting the card & ReaperCon itself.

• Like 2