Reapercon 2024 Excitement thread!

Corsair

10 minutes ago (at 12:00 noon CST) I tried to book a room with the RCN code, but it said "Your selected rates are unavailable." I called Hilton, currently on hold.

2 minutes ago, Bold said:

10 minutes ago (at 12:00 noon CST) I tried to book a room with the RCN code, but it said "Your selected rates are unavailable." I called Hilton, currently on hold.

Hilton was unable to get me a room at that rate; the rep tried to contact Group Sales but got their voicemail, and she couldn't reach the Denton front desk.

I wonder how many (or rather, how few) rooms were in the ReaperCon block? The hotel still has plenty of rooms available... at $300 per night. 😒

• Sad 1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone within a minute.  I didn't even get my CC info entered in time. 

Rumor is Ron is arranging for more rooms but I don't know if that is true and/or when they'll be available. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Booked!

So I couldn't get the special rate for the whole period, only two nights out of five. Still better than nothing.

And since I got a two queen room, I'm open to roommates to split the fee.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4

I remember last year I had trouble booking an Embassy Suites room on the day the group rate was available, so this year I called at about 11:45 (central time) and they had no problem giving me the group rate.  It was important to me because I am planning to bring my daughter this year, and I wanted to make sure we had a room in the conference hotel; if I have a morning class and she refuses to get up we will still be in the same building.  So next year, everyone will try calling early, and the group rate will be gone before it is even available online...

On a related note, ReaperCon is more important than school, right?  And worth missing a couple of school days?  I think I almost have my wife persuaded on that point...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Super Administrators

Working on getting more room blocks allocated - Ron will update me after he talks to the hotel right now.

Also the satelite hotels are being worked with discover denton - for the people that this works with. 

I also did a quick Air BnB search and came up with some good places if you have the means of a vehicle for great prices. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was surprised that when I clicked on the link at noon it was already showing me unavailable, and I guess I just got a really great rep on the phone because she was easily able to get me the con rates for Wednesday through Monday. I had an elderly late that was so sweet. It's a bummer that so many people are having a hard time getting in though.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Adrift said:

Got my room

2 queens. Will see if @chaosscorpionneeds a bed and/or if anyone from my dnd group wants to come. If not, I’ll probs open up the other bed to some other lucky sob. 

What  no single suite this year? :lol:

• Haha 1

Oddly with today, an official step towards ReaperCon (with the rooms opening up the public), I finished printing everything for the games I'm gonna run this year.

Something, I guess. :lol:

Also, my wife shows me she can get a free e-book from one of her favorite authors, but it's only available for 5 days. So I show her the Kindle app on Google Play. Well to use that you need a Big River account. My wife not wanting to sign up, I just sign in with my account, after "buying" the book & then loaded up my login stuff on her phone/Kindle app, she can now read that book. I totally spaced off the stuff I put in there, 2012 was the last time I access that. I recall I had a Fire tablet that year & took it down to use in the games I ran that year. Crazy how time flies!!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Booked!

So I couldn't get the special rate for the whole period, only two nights out of five. Still better than nothing.

And since I got a two queen room, I'm open to roommates to split the fee.

How about a tentative roommate who has financial obligations he has to take care of first and won't know if he can go to Reapercon for several months? 😃

• Like 4