Reapercon 2023 wrap up thoughts

Fruggs

I'd hope to never see the day when there was theft happening at Reapercon.  The painted models taken from Artists Alley, and as I unpacked today I learned  I had stuff stolen from my bags while they were in the main hall.  

I am happy Reapercon is growing but I feel like our 'family reunion' feeling con has just crossed the threshold into something else. 

I hope noone else finds they have had things taken.  Lesson learned on my part and I won't be leaving things in the hall aside from a powerstrip plug and maybe a light.  I would definitely rather not had the expensive lesson. 

I'm sad our con has morphed to include thieves.  

Overall the con was great, the Reaperpeeps and volunteers are awesome and welcoming. 

Registration seemed to be incredibly smooth, with the folders pre-made and done already.  

Having both tickets and walk ups for the hobby hijinks is great, so you can plan ahead and get a spot for more busy days. 

I brought a friend whose never been to a con and she had a great time and Reaper and our hobby have gained another:) 

Overall awesome, but tainted by scumbag thieves. 

• Like 11

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, haldir said:

Yah I totally agree about everything you said.

Also it was good to see you as last I heard you weren't going to attend. @Rastl told me the reason. I will admit I should have asked for your DS voice. ::P:

Well the ds voice may be next year if I can swing it.  I had my ds schooling delayed caus3 I busted my toe, so I'm going in Jan.  I'll Def bust out the voice tho the cadences may not be appropriate lol 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fruggs said:

Well the ds voice may be next year if I can swing it.  I had my ds schooling delayed caus3 I busted my toe, so I'm going in Jan.  I'll Def bust out the voice tho the cadences may not be appropriate lol 

Yah, I think you will be "barking" at the wrong crowd. ::D:

• Haha 1

I agree, it is great that’s is growing I too am disappointed about the thievery. I already have had trust issues and was getting better at trusting random folks. I would need to run do something and leave phone, games, bags with said folks. 

Hearing this I am rethinking about leaving stuff out next year. 

• Like 4