Pin Vice?

Marc

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a cheap one off Amazon and one from GW that I purchased...some time...ago.

IMO, there's not much difference between the two except that the cheap one off Amazon (for about $15) has many more bits than the GW one does.  But I may not use them often enough to be able to tell the difference.

• Like 2

Godhand products are nice, but tbh, I think your paying for the name as there are cheaper, equivalent products that do the exact thing they do.

As far pin-vices, for me, the tool has to feel comfortable in my hand before I'll use it. I tend to like the ball end style or my current one is the Army Painter one. It has a comfort grip on the end + the shape fits my big hands, long fingers. I don't like the "shaft only" style of pin vices. Those make my fingers ache & cramp up.

Also, don't skimp on drill bits, there are places that sell cheap ones, but try & put a little bit of cash in them as they are generally made of better materials.

• Like 2

As long as what you get has good jaws there isn't much difference between them that isn't just personal preference. The one I have was $13 on amazon and included 18 decent quality small drill bits. Not a lot of reason to pay more than that.

Be careful about God Hand pricing if you get one. They sell for $25 in Japan, if you are paying more than $30 you are probably getting ripped off by the seller.

• Like 3

My personal favourite is my DSPIAE one, specifically the second generation with the tool-free chuck.  It's designed to use their bits, but it not only spins freely and cuts well, but it does it WITHOUT SQUEAKING.  Also, it's a lovely shade of red, and fits comfortably in my hand.

• Like 2