Freebooter Black Rose Vampire

skavenbabe

I havent been able to paint for weeks till now and ohhh how I love getting back into the groove :B):

This is my first ever attempt at sheer fabric.. not really sure if it worked.. cant seem to be very objective about my own stuff ::P:

And i couldnt focus on that retardo bat in the front.. hes just a brown blob in the pics, ah well, shes the main focus anyway lol :lol:

So tell me whatcha think.

rosevamp.jpg

rosevamp2.jpg

rosevamp3.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very film-noir gothic feel to the whole piece. Well thought out color choices. IMO The red book would look cool if it was done in cooler tones like the rest of the piece.

The sheer fabric is pulled off nicely. Better in the front than the back. I really like the moodiness that you were able to achieve here, congrats especially on the undead skintone and the face...Klocke faces are some of the best looking when painted well, here is a good example of that.

I like it! Darkstar, Great call on describing the colors as 'film noir gothic'. Skavenbabe, your colors are spot-on throughout very nearly the entire piece. Her skin tone is nice (nice and creepy). Still corpse-pale without going stark white. You've pulled off the sheer fabric very convincingly. It's hard to tell if it's a sheer material, or if it's just turned dry-parchment thin with age. Well done!

I do agree with Darkstar about the book. The spiderwebs are very cool, and I think painting the book as if it were covered in a thick layer of dust would bring it more in line with the color scheme of the rest of the model. Also, if that candle were lit and acting as a light source that was lighting the back and shining though the skirts of her gown in front, that would reinforce the impression of the gauziness of the fabric. Still, this is far from a critique, I'm just thinking out loud (or in writing). You've painted a very successful vignette. Congrats!

Nice work SB. The color choice for the piece is spot on and conveys an eerie undertone. Your sheer effect really works in the front and with a little work on smoothing the blends on the back would work there as well. Your placement of where the material would touch the skin is correct its just a matter of smoothing it up a bit. Your NMM is coming along quite well. The candle holder is a very good example of it. Usually you will hear where you should take the NMM up to a hot point to simulate the light source hitting it. In this case however you probably should have toned it down a bit as I see this piece in a dark hall/library in which case the highlights would be candle light and not as bright.

Are the spiderwebs on the book part of the sculpt or are they a bit? I really like how you did them they really do look like webs. All in all a very good piece. At the rate you are improving you will be making a name for yourself pretty soon. Good job.

ah man decado.. youd have to ask me that eh? lol well, i'll try to remember as I went through several combinations before I found the one I liked.

If I remember right I had VMC flat flesh, mixed with Reaper ash grey and a tiny touch of VMC USA uniform green added in..

then mixing in VMC light flesh a little at a time to highlight up.

At least I think thats how it went lol.