Cheeky swordbearer : KDM Pin-up

R2ED

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally a link vibe! The blues are nice. I like her kind of muted fleshtone. NMM on the sword is a bit rough, the back of the sword is better. The base is a bit confusing. Are they real heads? Are they emerging from the ground? I feel like they are a distraction and don’t add to the mini. I get KD (guess there’s an M at the end now? I still think of them as just KD) has its horror vibe, but sometimes I feel like they suffer the GW “needs more skulls” fate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Neatpeteand @Evilhalfling I agree on that nmm. I think my fatigue kicked in and I was rushing to be done. My process on the blend wasn't the same.  Thank you for guidance there.

I'm also not a fan of the skull, faces, and stuff they do, but I didn't want to rebase and go through all that.  I assembled all the models ready to go with the bases the came with (for better or worse).

Thanks for the input everyone!

• Like 4

That’s great!  I like the juxtaposition between the cool and warm palettes of her clothes and hair, it gives her skin a vaguely otherworldly sheen.  I think the whole presentation would be aided by addition of some snow effects to the base, to more representationally reinforce the cold palette 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1