Getting To Know You October 2023.

Glitterwolf

It's time for another Getting To Know You Month!

OCTOBER 2023 is brought to you by WOOF!

Rules?

MMWWWWUUUHHHAAAAAHHHHHAAARRROOOOO!!!!

We all know by now you lot won't abide by the rules

1067686082_Schermafbeelding2023-10-01101301.jpg.4a59177eab33cbb30496dc1add38716e.jpg

I will post a question/challenge every day in October ( sometimes a Weekend Question) before NOON EUROPEAN TIME!!!
( WOOF's HQ is in the Netherlands)

If I miss that mark PM me or feel free to post a back up question.

You can always PM me with suggestions as well.

Now the most important thing:

HAVE FUN!

If you don't like a question, just don't answer ( you can also buy that off by sending me BACON!)

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

Woult that be WET, WEST, CET, CEST, EET, EEST or FET?

😛

You asked for it....😄

The Netherlands has two time zones. The country's European mainland, including the capital Amsterdam, observes Central European Time (CET) as standard time. When Daylight Saving Time (DST) is in force, Central European Summer Time (CEST) is observed.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10

17 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

You asked for it....😄

Is Netherlands CET time zone?

The Netherlands has two time zones. The country's European mainland, including the capital Amsterdam, observes Central European Time (CET) as standard time. When Daylight Saving Time (DST) is in force, Central European Summer Time (CEST) is observed.

Is this our Oct 1st question? 

Then going by your info, yes it's CET, and observes daylight savings.  So one time zone for the country.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, ejala said:

Is this our Oct 1st question? 

Then going by your info, yes it's CET, and observes daylight savings.  So one time zone for the country.

No, see above.

I just responded to ratsmitglied.

And yes the Netherlands does have two timezones due to Summer Daylight Saving Time as explained above.

To avoid further confusion I deleted the question part of that wikipedia answer,...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You asked for it....😄

@Glitterwolf is a Warrant Officer in his Air Force.....do not mess with him, they are still looking for the last 2 2nd Lieutenants who annoyed him...

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 1st.

Do you have a tangible memory of a special person/pet?

What is it?

Is there a story behind it?

Share pics if you like.

When I was a child, my cat Missy would lay with me on my bed and cuddle with me as my folks argues [they were going through a particularly nasty divorce]. Sadly I have no pictures of her, she was just a little gray stray we found.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 1st.

What is it?

Share pics if you like.

Oh, many. Being neurodiverse affords me with an amazing memory. 

I used to love hanging out with my Grandma Stephen. She lived in Red Deer, then Calgary. As the first grandaughter from her only daughter, I was spoiled rotten. Grandma didn't let me run rampant, but she let me do what I wanted. I got to sleep over when I was five and we would always go see a "show" (movie) and she would buy me a toy. In her late 70s and into her 80s, grandma was in amazing shape. We would walk to Market Mall, which was probably a km from her house, then around the mall and sometimes home, or we would take a cab. There used to be a Safeways in the mall and you could smell the deli chickens from down the mall. I loved them, and grandma would buy us a "chookie" for dinner. We would watch Littlest Hobo together. Grandma had a real stacking doll from Russia (one of the nice ones) and we used to love playing with it. 

I have lots more memories of Grandma Stephen. She was great.   

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 1st.

What is it?

Share pics if you like.

Yes, lots.

One such is when my dad would get our 2 dogs all excited and riled up, and then open the door to my room to wake me up. It's very hard to sleep through 150 or so pounds of happy and excited Golden Retriever jumping onto a single bed with you. ::):

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 1st.

What is it?

Share pics if you like.

Several memories of both people and pets. Some bring me joy, while reliving some of them bring sorrow for those no longer in my life.

One joyful memory is of Abby, my first chocolate Labrador (and probably the reason why the breed is so dear to me). As a puppy she'd come in to my room to wake me up on Saturday mornings, due to mom asking her "Where is he? Go get him!" She could barely reach above the top of the mattress standing on her hind legs, but I'd feel her wet nose nudging me awake.

One morning she did this, and I really wanted to stay in bed. I told her "five more minutes." She dropped back down out of my line of sight, and then back up she came, this time with a pair of my jeans in her mouth. How can you say no to that? She knew I needed jeans, so I had to get up.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 1st.

What is it?

Share pics if you like.

To answer my own question.

This wooden train was made by my Father who passed away in 2011.

It is still in my office/hobby room.

I sometimes feel he's still around when I look at it.

20231001_191639.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 1st.

Share pics if you like.

So many pets. 😢

But I would rather tell you about the newest one, the "aggressive" cat I adopted last year.  The one who used to scratch and bite.  She has learned a new trick.  When she jumps into my lap she gives me a kiss with her nose and then turns around and sits down.  That is all. No clawing, no aggressive behavior, just acting like a normal happy cat. 

IMG_20230916_233200271_MP.jpg.c056fdd6575fddbb79751d708d9ecce9.jpg

She has a big scratching post for when she needs to claw something. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 1st.

What is it?

Share pics if you like.

Plenty.

One I'm lucky enough to share with most of my game group is mom's response in game to my character's order to "make a noise like a dragon." In the game dragon storm, your characters are shapeshifters who turn into dragons, unicorns, gargoyles, etc.  So this was my tigrean winged tiger talking to mom's human dragon.  We were hunting a monster that was targeting dragons, and mom was the only one we had in the party, so I wanted her to make noise to lure the monster out of its tunnel.  Without even stopping to think, mom answered "HONK!"  The game stopped. We went into hysterics. The more she tried to justify honking as the noise the dinosaurs made in old B.C. comic strip, or that her character was a street rat with no experience with dragons but did know geese, the more we laughed.  She did too.  

That was 15 years or so ago.  Mom passed in 2019. But we still say "dragons go honk," or "honk if you're a dragon," with great regularity. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1