Getting To Know You October 2023.

Glitterwolf

2 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Anyone who knows me, knows to yell out who they are. And I guess it depends on how much laundry said collegian is bring in with them...😉

Funny thing is, they now have free laundry at college two doors down from his room, so he never brings it home. 

• Like 10

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/16/2023 at 6:44 AM, Thoramel said:

I don't know that I have any single favorite Halloween themed mini (They're all my favorites!). But I recently finished these sort of Egyptian themed skeletons from Hammerlot games, and they both fit the season pretty well and I was fairly happy with the outcome. so I'll share them.

41780442_PXL_20231014_2006413862.thumb.jpg.cbbaeb2cd80b00e3e5e81c92c01d4bf3.jpg

471430806_PXL_20230906_0059197502.thumb.jpg.fe74b8105906366598035de5fe3ea3c9.jpg

Thanks for sharing. The guy with the braizer will be perfect for a temple project I had in mind.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 17th.

You're home alone.

You hear footsteps in the attic/basement/other floor:   do you go toward the sound or do you leave the house immediately?

I grab my .45 and hold position.  If the intruder advances to the 2nd floor they have a very unpleasant surprise coming.  

I actually had this happen in the middle of the night when I was in grad school in Texas.  First tried to get in through my bedroom window, then tried the back door of the house.  Fortunately the intruder left before coming into contact with anyone in the house I shared with several others. 

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Anyone who knows me, knows to yell out who they are. 

Ditto.  You just don't enter someone's home without at least knocking.  In the South that can be fatally impolite. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 17th.

You're home alone.

You hear footsteps in the attic/basement/other floor:   do you go toward the sound or do you leave the house immediately?

I send in Woof Agent Lilly Shepherd. Commander Shepherd is pretty damn scary when she wants to be.  (We don't have photos of ferocious Lilly, only happy Lilly.) If the attack is failed, well, it's been said that the Black guy always dies first in horror movies...

20220822_102821.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 17th.

You're home alone.

You don't live in an apartment block do you?

I live alone with neighbors living above and below me. So unusual noises at any time of the day is normal for me.

Otherwise, I'd probably grab one of my hammers and be very noisy about my intentions of investigating and violence.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 17th.

You're home alone.

I assume it's the elephant upstairs being noisy again, at least if it's the typical stomps, thumps, and stuff being dropped in the kitchen and/or living room... 

"Joys" of living in an apartment complex.  At least we don't have the screaming kids running up and down the hallways anymore, or the infant that recently learned to run but was still working out its ability to balance (poor thing had a habit of tripping or stumbling and going thump against our door) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

I send in Woof Agent Lilly Shepherd. Commander Shepherd is pretty damn scary when she wants to be.  (We don't have photos of ferocious Lilly, only happy Lilly.) If the attack is failed, well, it's been said that the Black guy always dies first in horror movies...

20220822_102821.jpg

Ah, a WOOF Agent, the intruder won't stand a chance.

What a good girl!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Thanks for sharing. The guy with the braizer will be perfect for a temple project I had in mind.

Good luck finding them. They were stretch goals from a Kickstarter that company did and, likely because they're resin, they were in need of a lot of repairs when I got them. I don't think they're even available on their website. But they seem like a cool company. Maybe you can drop them a message and see if they have any still laying around they'd be willing to sell. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'm an avid sword collector.  You can't get more than 10 paces from a sword in my house.

@Corsair The 12 gauge is for known threats.  I don't want to accidentally shoot a kid that is unexpectedly coming home from college.

Yes, but can you use it effectively?  I was on our varsity Fencing team (We were 6th in the Nation among all Universities)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 17th.

You're home alone.

Given that I only have an exceedingly unpleasant crawl space and an enclosed, insulation filled attic, both accessed from my bedroom, I’m going to grab a stash of cash and make them a deal: “If you unspool that wire and feed it into the garage wall, reset the mouse traps and push that insulation over in the front room area back up, I’ll pay you minimum wage and let you out when you’re done!  Otherwise, we’ll be drinking sherry and waiting for the carrion beetles to finish up…”

Edited by Count Urlik
  • Haha 11

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 17th.

You're home alone.

I'd warn it that it is trespassing, and as I am a hungry fat guy armed with BBQ sauce it may wish to reconsider it's current course of action.

Seriously, though, I tend to investigate such goings on.  I even found a raccoon once...well, it found me.  I kept hearing noises coming from outside and while I didn't see anything at first, a young raccoon found itself on the back porch shortly after I turned on the back light.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

QUESTION OCTOBER 18th.

Inspired by my own stupidity...

Did you ever post something on a forum / social media that came out totally different than you meant?

Example:

I just posted the age without further explanation.

Thought I celebrated another Month and it came out as if I meant that my buddy had passed away.

I feel stupid...

On 10/16/2023 at 8:43 PM, Glitterwolf said:

10 yrs 9 months.

BY WHICH I MEAN IT's a Monthly Birthday!!!!

I count months now.

Sorry for the confusion!!!!

rumours-of-my.jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

Yes, but can you use it effectively?  I was on our varsity Fencing team (We were 6th in the Nation among all Universities)

Yes.  I fenced epee for 30 years before knee issues prompted me to quit.  I also dabbled in Kendo, Jujitsu, and European Broadsword over the years.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 18th.

Inspired by my own stupidity...

Did you ever post something on a forum / social media that came out totally different than you meant?

Example:

I just posted the age without further explanation.

Thought I celebrated another Month and it came out as if I meant that my buddy had passed away.

I feel stupid...

Probably more often than I realize. Typing on a screen does seem to lack the nuance of the spoken word. Also, glad to hear Brutus is still kicking around. I was surprisingly kind of sad considering he's a dog I've never met.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Question October 17th.

You're home alone.

I always assume the best - or most likely explanation,  if if could not assume it was house noises, I would approach the source and start asking questions loudly
a small animal? a workman in the shared space above my townhouse?  a family member that I had forgotten was home? 
danger would not even cross my mind without additional evidence. 

Question October 16th.

Do you have a ( or more) favorite Halloween themed miniature?

Share pics ?
this guy - I just love the scythe - and for me it tells the story of a golem that was created to destroy a village, not by actually killing them, but by burning the fields before the harvest, unless it is stopped. 

2023392846_HarvestGolemF.thumb.jpg.65f026067b1bffdeb316dadde5c1fe94.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2