Glitterwolf

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 19th.

If you could be on any Game Show, which would you choose?

I can’t stand watching those. I don’t know why I’d want to be on one. 

The one I hate the worst is the one with the coconut races. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 19th.

Battle of the Network Stars?  Hollywood Squares?  

Okay, how about "American Geriatric Ninja Warriors"!  I could totally kick-a$$ in the geezer division!

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

Oh yeah,,,I am still the stuff of legend when it comes to the Illinois Department of Corrections and the Parole Board...

Yes!  I've always regretted that I never saved the all company e-mail from the "Chief Legal Officer" of a biotech I worked at.  It included the phrase "Mr Count Urlik is a prime example of the reckless disregard for legal affairs amongst the scientific staff, and seems intent on instigating..."  It was pretty clear she wanted me gone.

I got a call from the CEO about 5 minutes after the e-mail went out asking if I'd join him for lunch.  Gulp!  I walked to the main lobby, he came out, said "don't say anything, Italian okay with you?"  On the drive over to what I thought was going to be my severance lunch he told me that he was at wit's end, stay away from the legal office and just wait a week.  By the next week she was off to pursue "new challenges" and the legal group was smitten down to jr. counsel and a paralegal.  Whew!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 19th.

Honestly, not sure.  Far too many have people ramping up a persona to 11 just to try and get in.. 

Wipeout or American Gladiator would've been fun to younger me though...  Or one of the Nickelodeon ones back in the day.  Nerf and bungee harnesses to do challenges sounds like a ton of fun for younger me. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 19th.

Jeopardy! I've grown up with that show, and it is probably my favorite. Alex Trebeck was one of the few celebrities I missed when he passed away. (The other is Stewart McLean.) I find the rythm of the show extremely relaxing, and I enjoy the challenge of answering the questions. My dream job would be working on the Clue Crew, because they get to go to nerdy places all over the world as part of their job and record clues there. Why haven't I tried out as a contestant? Because I consistantly do as well as the thrid place finisher. There are a few categories that are particularly awful for me: ie, US senators. 

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Our favorite is Wheel of Fortune. And if I could get em gathered up, Family Feud would be a blast.

Oh my heck, yes! Just think how much better The Price is Right would be with Steve Harvey hosting. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 19th.

I  used to want to be on Jeopardy!, but I'm afraid that I no longer have the raw trivia knowledge that I used to have.  We do watch Wheel of Fortune regularly...well, "watch" might be a little strong.  It's on from when we typically finish dinner until evening TV (and my web-surfing or painting) starts.  I don't really know what other game shows (other than The Price is Right and Family Feud) there really even are anymore.

I remember all the fun stuff like Press Your Luck, Tic Tac Dough, The Match Game, Hollywood Squares, etc.  When I was a kid, that's just about all there was to watch in the morning if you were home sick.  After that it was soap operas then talk shows like Geraldo or Oprah.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 19th.

When I was a kid, it would have been The Price Is Right.  In college I tried out for Jeopardy!, but I had some bad luck on screening questions, getting categories I just didn't know, but that would have been fun.  Really, I would be pretty happy being on almost any game show, but I prefer one that has minimal luck involved.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, strawhat said:

I don't really know what other game shows . . . there really even are anymore.

Oh the horrors..!

There exists a whole slew of Game Shows where the same group of contestants are gradually eliminated, one by one, week by week.

There is a race one where two person teams touring the world get a pairing sent home every week.

There is a Bachelor one and a Bachelorette one. (Making a game out of sifting through a mess of attractive mates, perhaps leading to marriage!)

There is a camping wilderness one, a construction trades contest, a couple based on obstacle courses.

There is one where a bunch of people live in a co-ed frat-house like environment constructed in a studio. (It gets less crowded each week.)

And finally, the wretched Island One. The one that started it all. Where they vote someone off every week, muck about with Tiki torch ceremonies, and do COCONUT RACES. (Which I was on about earlier—pointless, idiotic, made-up contests often involving obstacles or puzzles or seeing who can stack the most coconuts.)

Television has devolved.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 20th.

In a candy trade war,

I am unsure what this is: Candy Trade War…

what candy do you keep no matter what

Keepers = Anything Dark Chocolate, Reese’s, especially the ones made with dark chocolate. 

and what candy do you get rid of?

Sour hard candies. Chocolate polluted with almonds and such.  Anything with shredded coconut. I absolutely despise shredded coconut. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 20th.

In a candy trade war, what candy do you keep no matter what and what candy do you get rid of?

Keep: chocolate

Ditch: almost everything else, I do like Starburst, though.

It should be noted though that chocolate actually has several subcategories.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 20th.

In a candy trade war, what candy do you keep no matter what and what candy do you get rid of?

We don't do trade wars as much as candy drafts.  all candy collected by the spawn is combined and then drafted until each person has an equal pile. 
so I favor reecess and  name brand chocolate candy in general .  Once we run out of those I take the least liked candy, then just pitch everything I didn't actually want.  

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 20th.

That's a hard call...  would depend on my mood.  Sometimes it's gummy style candies, other times it's straight chocolate, others would be the "mini chocolate bar, and usually in the Twix/KitKat kind of realm".  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1