Getting To Know You October 2023.

Glitterwolf

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 31

HALLOWEEN!

SO..are you celebrating?

Will you be wearing a costume, if so what kind?

Other horrific plans for this event?

Probably I will pass out candy while my wife takes the girls trick-or-treating.  Not sure how it is going to go, since the temperature dropped sharply here in central Texas yesterday, so that may deter trick-or-treaters.  Still not cold (~50 degrees during prime trick-or-treating time tonight), but the wind makes it a bit unpleasant.  I won't be in a full costume, but I have a nice witch hat I usually wear.

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Oh, do I remember growing up in Chicago and wearing a coat and gloves under the Halloween costumes! BRRRRR...but we LOVED it.

I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, and I too remember the dilemma of whether to wear a coat under the costume, cover up the costume with a coat, or just be really cold.  But I don't remember knowing anyone who actually loved that.  I love Chicago fall and winter, but a mini-heatwave every Halloween would have been really nice.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 31

HALLOWEEN!

SO..are you celebrating?

We really don’t have any traditions at this point.  The lonely, dead end street we live in is well suited to suburban horror, so maybe that’s why we only get 2 - 3 kids trick-or-treating.  The boy and his friends are all at that in-between age, so he might be staying home.  No one else in the house likes horror movies of near any sort, so if nothing else, Halloween marks the end of my movie horror buff season of wistful sadness.

I grew up on the Oregon coast, so most halloweens were rainy.  Not too many costumes work over a raincoat, so we would trudge up to the steps of the house, then unbutton and open our coats when the door opened.  From behind, the unknowing observer might assume they were watching itinerant herds of undersized flashers, exposing themselves in exchange for candy…

The questions this month have been great, thank you!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 31

HALLOWEEN!

SO..are you celebrating?

I want to thank you all for the wonderful way you participated this month.

WOOF will now hand over the Questor Regalia to @TaleSpinner who will be your Questor for November.

Regular day here, I work tonight, game tomorrow night. Considering, my players ran over on the Rookery game this month, I move up the Halloween/Headless Horseman adventure for tomorrow night. I figured it was close enough.  Other then that, nothing special.

We do have a small bag of candy if we get any TnTrs, but if it's like the last few years, I doubt we get more then 5 doorbell rings tonight.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 31

HALLOWEEN!

SO..are you celebrating?

In order: No and No and None. 

( Unless turning the porch light off counts as a plan. )

The candy situation is I have One tootsie roll, chocolate flavor, that came to me in a Wallyworld Ghoulie Bag.

05A9DB3B-EDD5-4091-A90B-4074D8B87542.jpeg

I got two ghoulie bags this year. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 31

HALLOWEEN!

SO..are you celebrating?

WOOF will now hand over the Questor Regalia to @TaleSpinner who will be your Questor for November.

Normally, I'm pretty eager for Halloween.  But I'm just not feeling it this year.

We will be handing out candy for a time at least.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 31

HALLOWEEN!

SO..are you celebrating?

I took Halloween-decorated cookies to work for the entire assembly line. I was dressed as a mildly disgruntled, overworked employee. Everyone else seemed to have the same costume as me though... Most people at work forgot it was even Halloween.

• Haha 11

22 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 31

HALLOWEEN!

SO..are you celebrating?

Nope.

As I've said before, Halloween was never a big thing around here and seems to be slowly dying off now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Catching up after being sick.....again......

On 10/28/2023 at 6:15 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Weekend Question October 28th / 29th.

What are the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?

We've talked about this multiple times, and the best purchase ever was the the Bissell hand held carpet washer thingy for pet "incidents".

With the number of cats we have it gets used on a very regular basis, and has for years. 
The thing works amazingly well and means our carpets look relatively normal still.

Best hobby purchase is probably my current magnifier glasses.  Because I can't do ANYTHING without those.

Worst overall and hobby "purchase" is the same (I know technically KS is an investment not a purchase, but anyway), Palladium's Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarter.
What a waste.  And all they had to do was "not be dumb".  If they had actually followed their plans it would have been fine.
The only good thing that came out of it was that Palladium eventually lost the Robotech license.

On 10/30/2023 at 4:34 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 30th

For one battle, you can be any General/Commander in History/Present Time to change the outcome as we know it.

Which army will you command?

What battle will you fight ?

How will you achieve a different outcome?

Battle of Yavin (this DID happen a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away)
The Empire of course, as it is the only army present.  The opposition are just a rag tag bunch of rebel scum.

Come out of hyperspace on the right side of the planet so that the rebels don't even have time to launch their ships before vaporizing Yavin-4.
If that isn't possible, how about just destroy Yavin Prime?
If that doesn't work have Vader crash a couple of TIE fighters into the surface of the exhaust port to block it, once the risk has been identified instead of ignoring the risk......
Any of those would have ended the Rebellion right there.

Long live the Empire......

On 10/31/2023 at 7:52 AM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 31

HALLOWEEN!

SO..are you celebrating?

I celebrated by being slight less sick. Was day 4 of a cold.
I did not wear a costume.
My wife handed out the candy.
We did watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown , a couple of episodes of Outrageous Pumpkins and an episode of Wednesday. Several treats were enjoyed.

Thanks for the great month of questions!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1