Getting To Know You October 2023.

Glitterwolf

On 10/2/2023 at 10:53 AM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION ORCTOBER 3rd.

Do we need to send as rescue party to W.O.O.F HQ? Have you been overrun @Glitterwolf ?

But seriuosy, ORCTOBER is a thing. It’s a drawing challenge for October with prompt lists. Much like the one some of us are messing with in a nearby thread

Here is someone’s Orcy Prompt list 

image.thumb.png.74ca60f28040f5388565de025d3a6a72.png

…but it is designed around the idea of taking three days to do one drawing. 

Todays answer is evidently: Bard. 

Edited by TGP
Added the link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I won't be able to post a question tomorrow due to work related stuff, I'm posting it now in advance.

QUESTION ORCTOBER 3rd.

Which family member has had the most impact to you?

I don't know that I could quantify that in any meaningful way. 

But since I don't have a real answer, I'll go with some advice my buddy Norman gave me: a boy's best friend is his mother.  Maybe that should be purple,  maybe it shouldn't. I'll let you decide. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 11:53 AM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCTOBER 3rd.

From every member of my family I've seen things that I think are positive traits to adopt, but also ones that I view as traits that don't jive with the person I want to be.

If I really have to pick, I'd say my mom for really instilling honesty into me by teaching me one simple lesson: if it feels wrong to you, it most likely is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 8:53 AM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION ORCTOBER 3rd.

Pretty much all of them have had some impact, for better or worse.   I had a crazy uncle that turned me on to sci-fi and fantasy, his contribution might have been one of the most unique.  But at the end of the day, I’m the child of my mom and my dad…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:10 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 2nd.

When on vacation/citytrip etc, do you tend to buy a souvenir?

If so, what kind?

Field guides to the local wildlife/plants. I need to know what I am seeing. Then when i get home I can study them in depth and remember what I saw on the trip.

Since I won't be able to post a question tomorrow due to work related stuff, I'm posting it now in advance.

QUESTION ORCTOBER 3rd.

Mon and Dad.  Hard to say which really.  Mom gave me her love of reading and cooking; Dad gave me a drive for perfection and his love of making things.

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 4th.

Well it's October 4th so International Animal Day.

Does your pet get something special today?

If so what will it be?

If you don't have any pets are you going to treat the birds/squirrels or other wildlife to something?

Maybe I will dig up some worms for the Koi today.  I just put out the corn feeder for the wild animals.  I'll likely switch out the hummingbird feeder for the winter seed feeders this weekend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 4th.

If so what will it be?

If you don't have any pets are you going to treat the birds/squirrels or other wildlife to something?

I did not know that, so I'll have to think about it over the course of the day.

My pets are pretty spoiled in general, though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 4th.

If so what will it be?

Everyday is international animal day in the Thoramel household! In other words, they're not getting anything special today. The cats got new scratching pads in the mail yesterday though, so maybe I'll set those up tonight for them. And I'm pretty certain I heard a cat throwing up while I was getting ready for work this morning. And I didn't find a pile of cat puke. So I'm guessing the dog already got a forbidden treat for the day. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 4th.

If so what will it be?

We are currently unowned by any pets, however we did refill the hummingbird feeders Tuesday.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Question October 4th.

If so what will it be?

At least one of the cats already got a "special treat", since I found a package of ground pork (my wife had set out to thaw last night) on the kitchen floor this morning, with two big holes ripped into it...... 😒

Beyond that, we were unaware of the designation.  But I'll let me wife know and she will somehow try to spoil the cats even more than she normally does....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Question October 4th.

If so what will it be?

Brutus got an Apple and a Banana today.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 4th.

If so what will it be?

We no longer have living things as pets, and the bird feeder had to come down 25+ years ago because the outdoor birds freaked out the pet cockatiel. 

I'll hug one of my puffer fish plushies when I take a nap.  If it gets cold enough late at night, I might put the other one in my lap to prop up a book to read.  That one's a heat sink so he doesn't get much use in summer, and as it was 90°+ yesterday, it's still summer. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 11:53 AM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION ORCTOBER 3rd.

Like most, both of my parents have had in impact for different reasons. But I'd say that of the two, my mother has had the most impact. Partly because my dad passed away nearly 15 years ago, partly because my mom was a "stay at home mother" (by choice) and had the most presence if my family life growing up.

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 4th.

If so what will it be?

The closest I have for pets these days are fruit flies that keep appearing. I make them go SQUISH! when possible.

For other animals, my second floor apartment living limits my contact with them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 4th.

They get the love, attention, safety, and security they get every day.  Eldest kitty has a vet visit coming up, as she has various needs to attend to. 

I do not feed wild animals like birds or deer, I do not want them to become dependent on artificial food sources.  I'm really bad about remembering to refill things. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question October 4th.

If so what will it be?

At present, no pets in our place.  Kind of would like a fish tank again, but unfortunately such isn't possible in our current space due to lack of room, as well as temperatures fluctuate pretty dramatically.  Some lizards and snake's would be neat eventually, but we need more outlets, and especially need more circuits and a larger master breaker! 

As for the second half, nah, no plans to do anything special for the local wildlife, as there's work today. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1