• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking mini!

Since you asked for some feedback, I’ll call it as I see it.

The cloth, horns and staff all sort of look the same and blend together. They are each done well on their own though, just the combo of them.

Another area of improvement could be purple cloak. It looks a bit flat and maybe, fatigue was in by then, but I suspect it might be the pics working against you. You did a great job on the purple smoke, so you’ve proven you can work that color.

The blue orb on the staff looks good to me and the mirror looks convincing too. The streaks are spot on!

The basing is nicely done.

I also like the colors you chose, that purple and teal pair nicely.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks folks!

7 hours ago, Neatpete said:

The cloth, horns and staff all sort of look the same and blend together. They are each done well on their own though, just the combo of them.

Yeah, they're all based around Iraqi Sand and Sepia, I should use more colours!

7 hours ago, Neatpete said:

Another area of improvement could be purple cloak. It looks a bit flat and maybe, fatigue was in by then, but I suspect it might be the pics working against you. You did a great job on the purple smoke, so you’ve proven you can work that color.

The smoke did turn out better than I thought it would, it's just a hastily applied Purple Wash to try and cover up how badly the paint went on (It went gloopy). Disappointed the cape looks a bit flat though, there's quite a bit of layering and glazing gone into that, maybe too much glazing?

38 minutes ago, Dr Boom said:

I like the subtle effect on the mirror. I've trying to pull off a convincing mirror for ages and I might try this.

Thanks! A while ago I saw someone do windows like that on their terrain pieces and thought it might work for Polys mirror.

• Like 4