Ghost of the Drowned Nymph

Count Urlik

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Neatpete!  Normally I hit the translucent figures with dullcote and then paint, but this time I just went straight to painting.  So in this case, the figure mostly got some teals and turquoise to brighten the cloak edges.  I started to glaze some darker greens into the folds (you can see them front and center at her waist), but I didn’t like the look.  So most all I’d the green you see is the ‘original.’  I think I mixed some clear yellow in to brighten the highlights, so there is a little ink present.

• Like 5

“It’s amazing how much detail was hidden in this figure.“

This is consistently what I’ve found with the translucent figs as well. And it’s one of the reasons why I’m not a fan of the translucent plastic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adrift said:

And it’s one of the reasons why I’m not a fan of the translucent plastic.”

Yes, exactly!  That’s why I still have so many of these things needing paint!  If it wasn’t for challenge league, they’d probably never get painted.

What’s funny is that this one had a “#5” written on the bottom with sharpie… how else would I discern it from the four other translucent ghosts on the gaming table?😀

• Like 2