2023 Secret Sophie Announcement

SGHawkins09

Hello everyone, I have some bad news. Due to life stuff, mainly a new job, I am not going to be able to run Secret Sophie this year as I do not think I will be able to give it the attention it deserves. If someone else would like to give it a go, send me a PM and we can chat about it.

• Sad 3

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Hello everyone, I have some bad news. Due to life stuff, mainly a new job, I am not going to be able to run Secret Sophie this year as I do not think I will be able to give it the attention it deserves. If someone else would like to give it a go, send me a PM and we can chat about it.

Could you tell us what is involved in running the Secret Sophie? What are the deadlines and commitments? And most importantly, if we volunteer do we get to also participate?

buckyball

31 minutes ago, buckyball said:

Could you tell us what is involved in running the Secret Sophie? What are the deadlines and commitments? And most importantly, if we volunteer do we get to also participate?

buckyball

Sure. First thing would be making the SS thread that has the rules and where people can post when they send and receive their gifts. I usually copy the previous year and adjust the dates. Deadlines would be up to you, usually a couple of weeks for signups, a mid point for participants to acknowledge their assignment, and then usually the end of January for the final deadline. Mainly what you do is collecting the sign ups, partnering people up, keeping track of everyone’s progress, and trying to get updates from participants who stopped communicating. Also if someone fails to send something out, you would need to get something else out to their recipient either by getting a volunteer or doing it yourself. It’s usually goes pretty smoothly and isn’t that time consuming, I just have a lot of other things going on.

Yes, you definitely are able to participate! I would usually choose who I paint for and who is painting for me randomly.

• Like 2