Secret Sophie 2023 is live!

SamuraiJack

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Mine showed up and the mini is pretty awesome. I love how the subtle reds and purples show through in various places around the mini. And those extra calories will be put to good use. Thank you so much, Inarah. Merry Christmas.

DSCN1428.JPG.3d5396af2f208a090bf506911e6beecc.JPGDSCN1431.JPG.4597a9bc7c3c9919b3bce9fab11a23b8.JPG

• Like 5

22 hours ago, themudhead said:

OK. Mine showed up and the mini is pretty awesome. I love how the subtle reds and purples show through in various places around the mini. And those extra calories will be put to good use. Thank you so much, Inarah. Merry Christmas.

I'm glad it arrived (tracking hasn't updated and I was worried) and that you liked it.   Hope the brush holder is of some use.  Happy New Year! 

I received a package from Australia!!

…and oh lawdy, it’s amazeballs. A nice card with a fun story hook, a 3d printed undead worm and three amazingly painted miniatures. 🤩 I’m in awe. I forgot how inspiring it can be to hold someone else’s work and want to paint that well. Trying to figure out how they did this or that. How many colors am I looking at in this section? I digress, but wow. These are spectacular!

I’ll try not to bug you, but I may have some questions. My daughter really wants to know how you did the slobber 🤤 

Thank you very much @Pochi

IMG_1305.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

IMG_1322.jpeg

Edited by Neatpete
Sorry for the pics that do no justice
  • Like 6

@Neatpete You are very welcome! Your questionnaire said you wanted things for TTRPG's so I hope these fit the bill! I also hope you like the bone worm. I printed one for myself and my players loved it! They were horrified when I put it on the table!

I am more than happy to answer questions and I don't consider it being "bugged" at all. Feel free to message me!

The slobber is clear fishing line glued behind the teeth with a little bit of super glue. When that dried, I took Uhu glue and used a toothpick to smear on the fishing line and make a few stringy bits as well. Wait for it to dry. Then I used a little bit of UV resin to dab on and then hit with my UV flashlight to make it shiny. You can do the UV resin step with glossy modpodge which is what I usually do. I just wanted to see how the UV resin would look since I hadn't tried it for slobber before. Do all of this after you have sealed mini as matt varnish will kill your shine!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Santa has arrived! His sleigh is filled with awesome goodies and Santa is ready to kick some... spread the holiday cheer! 

IMG_20240208_162419378_BURST000_COVER.jpg.92597b86737a90ae10b0d9cf076ee0af.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like Santa hit a bit of rough weather during his flight and the sleigh will need to go  into the shop for repairs.  (It was extremely well packed, so I blame the delivery guys.  I'm looking forward to getting a good look at all the custom details with my magnifying glasses.) 

Also included were a few more holiday minis to paint.  

IMG_20240208_162122014.jpg.6fde4f21422366083885ed92789249fd.jpg

Thank you, and I hope your holidays were merry!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 2/8/2024 at 5:50 PM, Inarah said:

Santa has arrived! His sleigh is filled with awesome goodies and Santa is ready to kick some... spread the holiday cheer! 

IMG_20240208_162419378_BURST000_COVER.jpg.92597b86737a90ae10b0d9cf076ee0af.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like Santa hit a bit of rough weather during his flight and the sleigh will need to go  into the shop for repairs.  (It was extremely well packed, so I blame the delivery guys.  I'm looking forward to getting a good look at all the custom details with my magnifying glasses.) 

Also included were a few more holiday minis to paint.  

IMG_20240208_162122014.jpg.6fde4f21422366083885ed92789249fd.jpg

Thank you, and I hope your holidays were merry!

I can't believe everything fell apart in shipping! I really nestled him in there. Here's the before shot so you know it all goes together 😥

20240202_121521.jpg

20240202_121305.jpg

• Like 7