Ral Partha Legacy Elf Thief, holding Treasure, sculpted by Tom Meier

72moonglum

Hello all,

so here's another old Tom Meier Partha elf that I just finished, been on a elf rampage recently, with some more still in the wings.  I'm actually enjoying these older Meier elf sculpts because even though they are kind of small, they are relatively straight forward, not overburdened with extra items on the figure, it's usually the character, clothes, some armor, weapons, and maybe a little bag or something, but that's pretty much it.

Anyhoos, here is a Ral Partha Elf Thief, also from that Personalities and Things that Go Bump in the Nights Citadel crossover group of elves back from the eighties.  Color scheme had me stuck for a while, so went pretty simple on the clothing, off-white and blue.

413693085_50-0073_A500.jpeg.1135ef59ba7a515a4a1d6c19dff363f9.jpeg421788809_50-0073_B500.jpeg.308fee3fbabd459ad0d7d66574305ed9.jpeg1394991645_50-0073_C500.JPG.cd97b1e9e891670cc6440f030f30d2aa.JPG1461903352_50-0073_D500.jpeg.f6eb6d45b5d4204f4e6536c628d373f1.jpeg

Snazzy little elf with a bag of coin he just swiped off some fat, rich merchant in the street. 

• Like 20

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/18/2023 at 11:20 PM, grippingtrainer said:

I really like this character

Thank you very much, wish I could take credit for this guy, but it's all thanks to the mind and sculpting abilities of Tom Meier!

On 10/19/2023 at 6:25 AM, Dr Boom said:

That's a wonderful sculpt. I'm used to seeing elves dressed in fancy clothes but this one looks great in his street clothes. I love the almost alien looking faces on these elves. Nice clean colours on the guy as well.

It's kind of like he's dressed down so he can mingle around in a crowd and snatch that little purse.   Tom's elves kind of had that pointy slightly not-so human look to them.  I wanted colors that weren't too showy because it's hard to be a pickpocket in bright pink!

23 hours ago, Poilu_1914 said:

I've always loved the old Ral Partha elves. Nice look on this one, definitely wouldn't stand out in a crowd dressed like that, which is perfect for a thief!

Yup, that was the point!  And actually colors were still hard to choose but I knew I wanted something that wouldn't draw attention!

20 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

You did a great job on him!

Thank you Chaoswolf!

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Wonderful!

That face and hair really make the mini!

Love the shirt as well.

Thank you Glitterwolf!   I forgot to do a close up of his face, maybe I'll throw one in later.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Iridil said:

I really like the everyman look of this elf - with of course his bit of questionable loot... wonderful work on the muted colors and his face is outstanding!

Thanks Iridil!  I like too with the loose shirt it gives him the impression that he might be rather thin in his billowing clothing. 

4 hours ago, Rigel said:

Agreed! I like how this is before pointy ears became the key elven feature. Leans into some almost Arthur Rackhamesque designs.

Great work on this guy.

Meier uses a pointy ear or two but he doesn’t overemphasize them. The female thief in my other recent post has a point ear. 

• Like 1