cornbread

New Idea for painting contest

So I see the contest is not up and running again. How about some new Ideas to inspire the company to open it back up again.

I was thinking something like a "paint this new release" contest.

I think it would be interesting to see how everyone would paint the same figure.

I am not saying "do this every month" but it would be fun to mix it up

::D:

Corn

I think the reason the contest is offline is because Kit is working on re-writing the backend engine for it. But he's also working on a zillion other projects which take higher priority.

I'm sure we'll see a return of the painting contest one of these days.

No rush! I am still working on my entry! ::D: I will be lucky to get it ready for the june 1009 contest! I apint so slow! Ah well, that's life I guess. A pretty cool idea though.

LT

Dammit, Tommy beat me to the wise arse!

That's what I get for watching cartoons on Saturday morning. Love the new "The Batman" show.

I think the reason the contest is offline is because Kit is working on re-writing the backend engine for it.  But he's also working on a zillion other projects which take higher priority.

I'm sure we'll see a return of the painting contest one of these days.

DING!

When I created the contest in its current incarnation, I had time to deal with its administration. Since I did the code, ran the database, etc, I was pretty much the only person who could administrate said contest engine (that is, I didn't write any admin tools to make life easier or more automated). That was cool for a little while, until Reaper began to extend its icy grip around the far corners of the world, and let me tell ya: World Domination is time consuming.

(Perhaps I've said too much. Remind me to have all of you... neutralized... when I get the time, k? :;): )

I have a list of people who want to moderate the contest, so I'm adding that ability with some new admin tools that the average user will never see; and I have a few bells and whistles that will, hopefully, make it worth the wait, including a tag for theme-based contests, entry sorting, and easier entry management.

But other things are higher-priority right now. I'll get to the contest as soon as I poosibly can.

kit

You're busy enough as it is Kit, take your time. Of course, as someone whose skills are not quite up for the task of winning one of these things (yet) I might be a little biased :devil:

Looking forward to the new and improved incarnation.

Kit, I'm too young to be neutered! Oh, wait, you said neutralized. That's better... as long as you don't plan on any neutering! I tend to agree with Qwyk... since my painting is not quite up to snuff, I welcome the delay :poke: But when it is up and running, I'll be there in all my amateurish glory! ::D::huh:::(:

*sigh* Ho, hum...

PS- PLEASE take your time <_<