Reaper Dungeon Dwellers Roleplaying Game: Enthusiasm and Commentary!

Guindyloo

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperddrpg/reaper-miniatures-dungeon-dwellers-roleplaying-game/

The project is LIVE so you can discuss it here! Please try to keep things reasonably on topic. We may make a separate information thread later on that specific questions and/or information may be moved to if it's deemed necessary.

Edited by Guindyloo
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the minis-only option on the Kickstarter will end up a fine value with stretch goals, but right now it is a rather silly $50 for five minis.  I guess they are just anticipating a lot of money coming in and a lot of stretch goals reached.  On the other hand, the Collector's Box is notably cheaper than I anticipated, and already looks like a great value even without any stretch goals; it should be an amazing value by the time we are done.  I'm excited, since I've been very pleased with what I have seen of the Dungeon Dwellers game.

• Like 6

Looking great guys.  I'm not sure it'd ever get to the table (just way too much competition and way too little time) but man it looks pretty. 

Something I didn't see in there but am absolutely dying for would be a hardcover source book for the Reaper setting.  Something that compiles all the Barrowgate, Savage Coast and Brinewind guides into one and expands on them in a way that looks nice on the shelf. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, AlonTey said:

Looking great guys.  I'm not sure it'd ever get to the table (just way too much competition and way too little time) but man it looks pretty. 

Something I didn't see in there but am absolutely dying for would be a hardcover source book for the Reaper setting.  Something that compiles all the Barrowgate, Savage Coast and Brinewind guides into one and expands on them in a way that looks nice on the shelf. 

That would be lovely, but I'll settle for just getting print (and PDF?) copies of the setting info that's currently available. I've got Barrowgate, but Brinewind and Dreadmere would be nice.

• Like 2

I went ahead and backed at the collector level. I figure that having the resources means I can show up at DD games at ReaperCon and know the rules, etc. Furthermore, minis. If the value isn’t there by the end, I’ll drop down to just the books or the PDFs and cherry-pick minis at ReaperCon.

• Like 2

I'm really torn in this one. At RCon I was like yah I'll back it when it comes now I'm not so sure. I wanna support Joseph & his work but I'm not really all that interested in the rules.

There are some things I like, others things I don't. Also as this would be alternative game choice for myself & my players, that role will be filled with other systems right now.

Most likely if I back it'll prob be at the pdf level but I also like the minis so far. So who knows right now.

• Like 3

> Also as this would be alternative game choice for myself & my players, that role will be filled with other systems right now.

Similar situation. The pandemic broke up our gaming group, so I've been playing solo generic fantasy miniature skirmish games, including with Reaper miniatures. 

* I'd like a game system that can use *every* generic fantasy miniature. Song of Blades and Heroes actually does this, as you can buy the Toughness, Quality, and special abilities of a figure, and a web page will tell you its point value. It's not perfect, but it's the only game system that I can use any miniature for.

* Unlike RPG's, It's actually pretty easy to rotate generic fantasy miniature skirmish games, since each has their own scenarios (and narrative events for some games, such as Lasting Tales). After I play all the scenarios of one game, I play a different game. In a way, it's like hobby boardgames, where you don't play the same boardgame every time. So it's easier to pick up another miniature skirmish game to my collection, compared to RPG's which I pass on all the time.

• Like 2

• Reaper User

Lots of chatter going on at the DDRPG Discord server.

We also have a Dungeon Dwellers RPG section on these forums.

Hit our kickstarter and all will be revealed. We have a FAQ and lots of updates rolling out throughout the day.

Anywho, someone asked for the elevator pitch: a high fantasy romp through a perilous setting. DDRPG takes the best of the d20 game system and injects it into vibrant fantasy setting. If you've played any edition of The Worlds Most Popular Fantasy Tabletop RPG, you'll know 85% of DDRPG. There is lots of secret sauce pushing the system in new and exciting directions.

This is your platform to ask questions so... ask away.

23 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

23 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I'm pretty much off of Kickstarter but eventually I'll need some of those armored goblins.

Ya can never have TOO many goblins!

Edited by ReaperWolf
formatting weirdness when I quoted an earlier post.

Heeey there we go.

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/042/902/571/66805cadf69e3804a561ef4368533b7a_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-4.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1698790974&gif-q=50&q=92&s=390e9e1a22ad7a62f80dfa695a35ddf5

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperddrpg/reaper-miniatures-dungeon-dwellers-roleplaying-game/posts/3950476

The Hillsedge Province & West Barrow Hills sourcebook is exactly what I was looking for.  More of that please!

41 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

> Also as this would be alternative game choice for myself & my players, that role will be filled with other systems right now.

Similar situation. The pandemic broke up our gaming group, so I've been playing solo generic fantasy miniature skirmish games, including with Reaper miniatures. 

Amen on all points being made here.

• Like 1