GTKY Question Thread: Nov-Dec 2023

TaleSpinner

On 11/8/2023 at 9:33 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Wednesday, Nov 8:

Have you ever been laid-off from a job?

Not yet, fingers crossed...  

On 11/9/2023 at 8:42 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Thursday, Nov 9:

Do you ever (or are you) get stuck in a color scheme for your minis?  For instance, do you seem to gravitate to a particular color palette like greens or reds?

I sometimes have a hard time finding a color scheme, but I'm not sure I gravitate towards a scheme though I do paint a lot of models that kind of...  end up with a lot of blacks/dark greys.  

• Like 10

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov 10:
Outside of minis and gaming stuff, what (if any) do you have a hard time passing up buying when you find it in a store?

Spicy snack foods. Especially the crunchy kinds.

In the old days, I would jump on many RPGs, game accessories, or maybe books that might interest me. But I've got so few games running and such a backlog and little storage room that my common sense kicks in, preventing me from buying more stuff.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov 10:
Outside of minis and gaming stuff, what (if any) do you have a hard time passing up buying when you find it in a store?

1 hour ago, TGP said:

There was a particular type of mechanical pencil I bought many packages of because I really like it but was sure they’d cease making it. I might have stocked up. 

Paper-Mate-Handwriting-Triangular-Mechan
This is them. ^  But instead of discontinuing they have added spare erasers and a box of replacement leads. Upgrades!   Woot!

( None of the packs I bought had spare leads ::(: or erasers )

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov 10:

Books are #1, I have over 440 in my Library.  Also Disc Golf disks and pickleball paddles.  On food there is Mincemeat pie filling, Kebler Ginger Snaps and Pepperidge Farm Double Chocolate Nantucket Dark Chocolate cookies.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov 10:

Storage containers and storage shelving. I like to be very organized. Most do get used to sort hobby supplies, but I use them to sort paperwork/bills/taxes for each year. Things get bagged and tagged at my house.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov 10:

New-to-me flours, grains, and spices.  Sometimes this works out well (Millet! Not just for birds! Urfa chile pepper! So good! Kamut=love!), and sometimes not (amaranth and quinoa flours make things taste like grass. Not even tasty grass). 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Paper-Mate-Handwriting-Triangular-Mechan
This is them. ^  But instead of discontinuing they have added spare erasers and a box of replacement leads. Upgrades!   Woot!

( None of the packs I bought had spare leads ::(: or erasers )

Much better are the twist-erase III.  Better erasers but only .9 mm lead.

Twist-erase.jpg

But I consider them gaming supplies.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov 10:

Not much of anything, anymore.

Discretionary income is too tight these days, and has been since I “grew up.”

• Like 9

12 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov 10:

Used to be books for a long time but I've gone mostly electric for those now.
On sale tools.  It's been better lately, but that's mostly just because I don't have the budget for them right now. But I'm not sure how many sets of screwdrivers, wrenches or sockets I found last weekend that I'd forgotten I had.
And we won't mention the number of sanders......... 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, TGP said:

Saturday, Nov 11:
Are you -Or- did you take part in any celebrations/observances

of the holiday that is today?

Do you know what today is the 105th anniversary of?

Have not joined in any celebrations.  I know, but my local paper does not.  Their history of today column yesterday stated that November 10th was the day that the Armistice of the Great War took effect. (Used Great War and not WW I because at that time most thought it the war to end wars.) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1