GTKY Question Thread: Nov-Dec 2023

TaleSpinner

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Tuesday, Nov 28:

Do you get any invasive critters in your home, if so, what kind and how do you deal with them?

Do neighbors count? 'Cause I got one who's always in need of a lift.

Otherwise, no invasive critters aside from the occasional housefly or fruit flies.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Tuesday, Nov 28:

Do you get any invasive critters in your home, if so, what kind and how do you deal with them?

Nothing out of the ordinary, like spiders, flies & other seasonal bugs. Spiders are ok, but flies - yah they can die where they stand.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Tuesday, Nov 28:

We get the occasional bug or spider. Oh,  we had a mouse once, as well. The mouse was scooped up and removed from the location. I don't put that level of effort into bugs and spiders. Those are handled with extreme prejudice. 

The first couple years at the new house saw a problem with stink bugs, but I discovered that I just needed to close the screen door to keep them out.

• Like 6

I just remembered we did have a mouse problem one time here. One was in the kitchen but it was trapped quickly.

The strange one was this - a mouse got caught in the spout/hole where the water comes into a standard washer (washer/dryer) drum. How the hell that thing got there I have no clue. I had to use some kitchen tongs to free it. It was made worst when I tugged & only a partial amount of the mouse came with the tongs.

After clean up included tossing the tongs (& mouse) away & wiping the spout with disinfective spray, everything was back to normal.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Wednesday, Nov 29:

If you could take one prop from any movie or TV set, what would it be?

Hmmm, there are so many good options.

The Ark of the Covenant from Indy would be an interesting conversation piece.

Or a full scale X-Wing or Millennium Falcon would look great in the yard.

On a smaller, more reasonable scale, one of the flight chairs from the Rocinante would be cool.

They actually had a big auction on items from The Expanse a while ago, but ouch, nothing was going cheap.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Wednesday, Nov 29:

Anything from the original Star Wars movies, especially A New Hope.  So many of the props and models were cobbled together from anything they could get their hands on.  Amazing examples of scratch (scrap?) building and the stuff has become so iconic.  Luke or Vader's lightsaber, even the models of the ships.  Any one of those would make me the happiest of man-children.  🤩

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Wednesday, Nov 29:

Star Wars props were also my go to answer for movie choice. So for size convenience, any light saber would do.

For TV, K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider (super pursuit mode model)

e742422299da8862aef542a27da55fa0.jpg

And tons of buttons!

1280px-KITT_Interior_at_Toronto_Auto_Sho

• Like 11

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Wednesday, Nov 29:

In the TV series, the Bible, they built a Bronze Age city set in Morocco. I could have campouts and reenactments in my city. I don't know if the ships from Viking were real, but having a draakar would be really cool. Or any of the James Bond cars.  

• Like 9