Grundor house butcher (pix!)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GW would use the shift to rapid prototyping as an excuse to triple the cost of the miniatures in question:

"The new Imperial SkullBoneHellBuggerer shows unprecedented clean lines and totally new, innovative GW Precision Casting never before seen in the Hobby*. All for a splendid (everything is splendid in GW world) price of oh-my-gawdlike-stromhammer I think I stuttered on the zeros."

*The Games Workshop Hobby TM

Anyhoo, the CAVs all have a low-slung, deadly war machine look to them, and this gun-bristling beauty is no exception.

I hate to say it, but I think you're right, SW.  I was looking over some more GW minis yesterday, and while some of the less over-the-top ones are cool and I wouldn't mind having them, it's too much.

Then again, mail-order charged me a dollar for a wamaster-scale sprue consisting of two squigs, neither of which is even a cubic centimeter, so I'm feeling a mite ripped off.

Nice to see my name is an exclamation...

Unfortunatly, GW really has suffered from its own swollen head about how much they can charge. Because they're on top, so why not charge. Besides, there's enough suckers out there who're going to pay, and pay through the nose. Personally, I've begin drifting away from GW, their products just are not what I'm looking for anymore in a miniature... must me why I spend time here on the ReaperBoards...

--My name is a killing word....

--lstormhammer

Thanks Frank!

Are you referring to the barrels tapering, or the overall lines of the whole weapon system?  Because basically, there's the large drum magazine at the rear of the weapon, the middle "receiver" or feed mechanism, and the barrels.  They're all straight cylinders, for the most part, they just get smaller and smaller in overall diameter as you move from ammo drum to barrel.

Besides, it's a Malvie design, and we know how "slabby" their builds can be...it just might need some organic lines!

Best,

John Bear

It provides for a nice taper from the rear to the muzzle of the weapon...

All tapers aside, though, Frank, if I didn't reduce the diameter of the barrels section smoothly, it'd look real rough and crude, plus you'd have these barrels that really didn't match up to the gun.  I'll take a look, and see what Matt says.

Best,

John Bear Ross