Jasper TAGs in on Infinity

Time for a new WIP!

I recently received my KS for Infinity Deathmatch: TAG Raid for Corvus Belli.
I'm going to start with working on the core box for it, but may eventually expand to the Infinity Defiance boxes I got in another Kickstarter a few years ago, or maybe even that Infinity starter box I got like 4+ years ago......

So TAG Raids is an up to 4 player game played on a number of big hex tiles that can be set up all sorts of different ways.  Your primary mini is a TAG (Tactical Armored Gear, aka the big stompy robots), for a mining corp, and the goal is to gather some special materials before your opponents.  Of course the can also shoot them and attack then and so on.  And you can also harvest materials from the "mega-beast" that will show up at some point during the game.

There are also smaller minis you can add to your team for some scenarios, such as prospectors and little support bots (that I forget the name of already). 
Rules seem fairly light, at compared to to a full minis game like the full Infinity game.

So to get going, here are the minis in the core box.

20231117_IMG_2309.thumb.JPG.6331d6269f33815e5511475a140ab99a.JPG

You get 4 PVC TAGs, one for each of the 4 mining corps.  These are fully assembled and look pretty clean.  A quick once over doesn't show any mold lines or anything.

So I'm hoping to get these primed up this weekend, as I have a mess of SW Legion bases that need priming as well (and possibly some figs for another new WIP......).

The other PVC "mini" is the Mega-Beast that comes with the core box, the Stoorworm. It's not small.  The base is 6 inches from point to point, the same size hex as the game tiles as it basically pops up and fills in one of the holes you leave in the map.

It's between 6 and 7 inches high.  It comes in two pieces and it would be nice (for transport) to be able to leave it as two pieces, but the connection is fairly loose.  So I'm thinking magnets to the rescue!!

And then there is a the big bag of metal.  I haven't even opened it yet.  Infinity minis are really known for being easy to assemble, traditionally.  Lots of wrist and ankle connections and the like.
I'm hoping these are better, and the bits I can see through the look to have some decent sockets and the like. So hopefully!

As this was a Kickstarter, there is a whole other box, an bunch of KS exclusives, another big Mega Beast, and then a whole bunch of TAGs from the normal Infinity game (which they provide cards for, so you can use them in this game too).

Here's a pic of everything.
20231108_IMG_2190.JPG.f2afbc1442af0346c8fd62e0499a8607.JPG

• Like 9

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assembled the first metal fig out of the box tonight while playing D&D.

20231120_IMG_2372.JPG.cd3dba51856735bcb8a8f901bf91489f.JPG

Had to get the fig out to figure out which one it is, the bags just have an TR code to identify them but I at least don't know if a list of which is which.

Checking through the KS page, this is the prospector for MinesCorp.

She comes in 5 pieces and actually goes together pretty well.

• Like 6

My wife was out for lunch today so I had a little hobby time, and since the next thing to assemble for my US Airborne is an artillery piece, I instead grabbed my bag of metal models for this.

20240108_IMG_3264.JPG.b51e8ca15d44bea2905b558dcae37c13.JPG

The first one I pulled out was the prospector (on the right there) for Yue Minerals. Only 3 pieces and quite a clean cast, so I looked through the bag and also pulled out the remote for Yue as well. It was only 2 pieces.

So combined with the TAG, that's enough for most games (some just use the TAG, some use these two as well).  There is still engineers (I think) for each faction in the bag too, but the pics of them are separate so I went with what I could easily identify since I didn't have a tone of time.

• Like 7

I was wrong, there are 2 more figures for each faction in the bag; an engineer and a hacker.  I sorted them all out during a 2 hour call this afternoon.

Decided to do some more assembly during D&D tonight.

20240108_IMG_3271.JPG.01ae7156728332b486ba3d202d590ea7.JPG

I completed Yue Minerals. The hacker, front right, was terrible to do, since she has almost no contact patch.  I probably should have carved a spike out of the block they had cast under that foot, but I didn't think of that until later, so there is a bit of a pin which will hopefully give it enough to stay attached to the base.

Since there was a lot of waiting for glue to dry.......

20240108_IMG_3274.JPG.e94adc884bfd5e16c5a811b1b6394e77.JPG

I completed Minescorp as well.

So that puts me at 50% of the core box metal minis assembled now.

2 more factions to go.

• Like 7

Good luck with that hacker. That pose, and that small a surface area - yikes!!!

Another problem I find is that the plastic base itself is probably only about 0.5mm thick, so everything is very flimsy. I have had some success bending the wire into an L-shape, then epoxying the foot of the "L" to the underside of the base to give it more strength.

I've also been experimenting with 3d printed bases, with a full depth, 90% filled section underneath (shelf is the best name I've come up with). That at least gives me 3mm or so of material to help hold the figure.

I know it save them metal (and us money), but I'm not happy with the trend of bare-feet miniatures, as basing becomes a major operation. All the Stargrave metals have this problem, and I suspect it's going to get worse.

Having said all that, those figures do look nice 🙂 If Infinity hadn't done the size jump a few years ago I would have bought a lot more of them.

• Like 4

Oh man. I totally missed all of this! I’ve always been fascinated with infinity and have more than a few minis but never played.

I would have bit in this hard! Looks like I saved some money. Looks like you got a sweet haul!

Did they change scale? They were always true 28mm, are they different now?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Neatpete said:

Oh man. I totally missed all of this! I’ve always been fascinated with infinity and have more than a few minis but never played.

I would have bit in this hard! Looks like I saved some money. Looks like you got a sweet haul!

They were scale creeping for years and eventually just upped the overall size around version 3 I think. 

It's not an enormous change, and is more noticable on the light infantry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/9/2024 at 10:56 AM, Neatpete said:

Not to encourage acquisitions or anything :devil: but they just announced this morning that any surplus stock from the KS is now for sale on their online store while supplies last. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Not to encourage acquisitions or anything :devil: but they just announced this morning that any surplus stock from the KS is now for sale on their online store while supplies last. 🙂

Don't forget the blue Monday specials too, where several rare sculpts are offered up, this week only, like two of the Authorized Bounty Hunters... 

• Like 2