• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/26/2023 at 12:17 AM, Martek the Mad said:

The color transition is really well done. Out of curiosity, what kind of surface is the model on and the backdrop of?

The green surface the miniature is on is a paper backed diorama artificial grass mat for model railroads. It has a super tiny layer of grass on it. It almost feels like felt but it is not felt.

I do not remember which company made it or where I even bought it.  I got it back in 2000.  I have not seen another grass mat just like it since.  I have even asked the experts at a local Model railroad shop, and they have never seen anything like it either.   The background is an oil painting I picked up at a "Starving Artist" sales event back in 1998 for $15. 

On 11/26/2023 at 1:42 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Love it!

Amazing colours and I agree, the photography is also top notch.

Any tips to share on that?

Thank you,

I have a fairly primitive set up with a model railroad grass mat for the base and old oil painting for the background.  I use between 8-10 LED 100-Watt Daylight bulbs with baking parchment paper in front of the bulbs to defuse the light a bit. Old boxes built up around to help hold the top lights. I use a Canon Powershot SD850 IS Digital ELPH camera to take the photos.  The camera is getting quite old at this point. I use Jasc Paint Shop ver. 8 from 2003 and Windows Paint to process the photos.  Ancient computer programs at this point.  I do not do any editing other than to rotate and crop the size of the photos.  I do not modify the image in any other way. What you see is what the miniature looks like in real life.

On 12/8/2023 at 10:32 AM, Grand Slam said:

Truly impressive. The texturing on that fur is incredibly realistic. Nice job keeping all tlog the muscle definition, as well.

Thank you

22 hours ago, jdizzy001 said:

Well done, love it! 

Thank you all for the compliments I do appreciate them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1