Metal Mini Prices Going Up

GoldenPiggy

I'm sad to see the prices of so many of Reaper's metal miniatures going up next week.  I can't decide whether I should send them a bunch of money now and get some minis I've had my eye on for a while, or sadly decide later that those minis just aren't worth the new prices.  I hate to make a big order for myself right before Christmas, but some of those prices are going up by 50% or more, and many of the listed new prices is more than I anticipate being willing to spend.  Tough call.

• Like 3

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will always be other retailers with discounts on miniatures. 

While I'm loving the current times for miniatures (3d printed (home & other), cheaper non metal options), I miss the glory days of Reaper metal minis. 

• Like 4

I've gotten a lot of my reaper metal minis at the Sentry Box in Calgary, where for some reason they're always half price. Not sure if its just me, I prefer the metal minis, but most everyone I know (who also paint minis) prefer plastic ones. I sort of miss the weight of the lead ones. Ah the old days, lead minis and testors paints. Nothin' like having toxic materials near where you sleep. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Martek the Mad said:

I've gotten a lot of my reaper metal minis at the Sentry Box in Calgary, where for some reason they're always half price.

Fascinating!  I've always bought my minis there, but I never checked the prices compared to the website. So I had no idea they were discounted.  Do you ever head there for the Sunday morning painting?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Gryphon said:

Fascinating!  I've always bought my minis there, but I never checked the prices compared to the website. So I had no idea they were discounted.  Do you ever head there for the Sunday morning painting?

I didn't know it existed, tbh I only get there a couple times a year, though lately I've had the luxury of going more frequently.

• Like 3

On 11/28/2023 at 2:50 PM, zemjw said:

The announcement says Monday 4th December, while the linked PDF says 1st December - https://images.reapermini.com/static/content/retail/price_increase_2023_12_01.pdf

Does anyone know which is correct? (I'm hoping it's Monday, as it'll give me time to have a look at the weekend)

Monday December 4th.

• Like 5

it's not just Reaper, the metal went up in price, and all manufacturers had to raise prices or quit making them.  I've spent a small fortune over the last year, probably over $1K,  cuz i knew  this day was coming, so  i stocked up and tried buying everything that caught my eye or my imagination.

No regrets, the metal is still the one for hardcore collectors i think, and the plastic will always be your best choice for the gaming table. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fencig said:

it's not just Reaper, the metal went up in price, and all manufacturers had to raise prices or quit making them.

Yeah, I get that.  It still makes me a little sad.

3 hours ago, Fencig said:

No regrets, the metal is still the one for hardcore collectors i think, and the plastic will always be your best choice for the gaming table. 

Sounds about right to me.  The question I need to ask myself is, am I a hardcore collector?  I think I am probably not.  But I may drop a hundred bucks or so and pick up some things that are going up in price anyway.

• Like 4

Hmmm.  I'm about 200 figs short of a complete run of the Dark Heaven line and would like to grab some of them before the price increase, but I just can't take another hit to the pocketbook right now.  I guess I'll just have to suck it up later when it comes to the higher cost.  Hopefully, I'll have a full run before they stop with metal figs entirely.

The Egg

Edited by Egg of Coot
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

At the moment it looks like the store isn't working, so trying to beat the price rise may be moot 🙁

Tried on Firefox and Chrome, desktop and tablet. Clicking add to cart starts to spin, but then just sits there. I had noticed the other day when setting a filter for metal that it wasn't applied until I refreshed the page. Sadly that trick doesn't work with getting items into the cart.

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, zemjw said:

At the moment it looks like the store isn't working, so trying to beat the price rise may be moot 🙁

Tried on Firefox and Chrome, desktop and tablet. Clicking add to cart starts to spin, but then just sits there. I had noticed the other day when setting a filter for metal that it wasn't applied until I refreshed the page. Sadly that trick doesn't work with getting items into the cart.

It may be at your end. I put 3 items in my cart yesterday and a 4th just now and it's not giving me any problem.  

• Like 2

I have a pi-hole blocking some adverts and tracking (there is only so much anything can do these days!). It looks like something the site needs (cdn.jsdelivr.net seems to be the most likely candidate) got added to its block lists the other day by accident. I've just updated them and it is now letting me add things 🙂

• Like 5