• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, haldir said:

Love the red, love the gums. Awesome work on this one.

Did you use the clear piece for the eye? If not did you do anything different with that central eye?

Thank you for the compliment.  I did not use the clear eye piece.  I am not a fan of how Wizkids made the Beholder eye. I filled in the crevice in the eye with putty and smoothed it to a round shape and painted this eye in its place.  Honestly, I do not know exactly what Wizkids were thinking when they designed the eye on this Beholder miniature. That crevice and the clear eye piece was just very clunky and left little room for uniqueness. So. I went a different way with it.  

15 minutes ago, haldir said:

Love the red, love the gums. Awesome work on this one.

Did you use the clear piece for the eye? If not did you do anything different with that central eye?

Also, I feel like this version of a Beholder looks like a pissed off pinecone with all of the shark tooth shaped armored plates.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 12/9/2023 at 5:11 PM, Gryphon said:

Incredible!

How did You do the blood vessels on the eyes, is that a special technique, or just incredible control with an impossibly fine paintbrush?

It is the latter. Decades of practice with a Princeton Velvetouch 18/0 Round brush using thinned down Vallejo Hull Red 70985

On 12/12/2023 at 4:50 PM, Grand Slam said:

Perfect from top to bottom. The color scheme, the highlighting, the eyes...it's all incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for the compliments, I do appreciate them.