Sign in to follow this  
Stern Kestrelmann

My little artist...

The nephew that loves to draw just turned 7 this past weekend. He got more paper and is loving life again. He wants to be an illustrator when he grows up and is pen pals with Tomie De Paolo (I think I may have misspelled the last name a smidge). Tomie (a NH resident) actually signed a book for me last year so I could give it to Stephen as a gift for being my ring bearer (along with rubber chicken feet with the nails painted - read Tom for that to make sense).

Stephen started drawing when he was about 3. His parents found that if they had ample supplies of paper about, Stephen wouldn't draw on the table, walls and cabinets. That's how the reams of paper for gifts started in the family.

Fuzzy - I got a huge box of the old endless ribbon of paper to feed into a dot matrix printer when I was a kid. It was one of the coolest presents for me as a kid too.

Sam - Keep on drawing! Your picture is beautiful!

• Like 1

looks great Stern!!

I think Talin has some competiotion as house artist, ha ha

I need to get my daughter's painted up ceramics up here sometime, let just say they are very colorful (unicorns)

Randy M

• Like 1

Little girls that love dragons and love to draw. Nurture that talent, Dad

When she gets older you will have to "hide' her from all the gaming guys, unless of course we start to get more girls in the hobby! But if we don't...keep you shotgun handy dad! laugh.gif

Very nice, do encourage her. I found, when we moved a bunch of my "old" drawings from days gone by. And when I see where I was to where I am now....and i wouoldn't have gotten where I was without the encouragement of my parents.

LT

So,

Is your daughter still drawing?

• Like 1

Little girls that love dragons and love to draw. Nurture that talent, Dad

When she gets older you will have to "hide' her from all the gaming guys, unless of course we start to get more girls in the hobby! But if we don't...keep you shotgun handy dad! laugh.gif

Very nice, do encourage her. I found, when we moved a bunch of my "old" drawings from days gone by. And when I see where I was to where I am now....and i wouoldn't have gotten where I was without the encouragement of my parents.

LT

So,

Knarthex, LT hasn't been around for a few years.

So,

You are right! Face palm....

I meant Stern's Daughter....

So,

You are right! Face palm....

I meant Stern's Daughter....

Ahh heh!

Strange, this almost brought me to tears.  Sam is 19 now, sadly we don't talk much these days.  She has become a talented artist.  Ironically, my third and youngest daughter is now 7, and she has a love for dragons too.  She has at least 10-12 pre-painted plastic dragons in her collection from my FLGS, plus a huge metal Reaper Dragon (T'Raukzul) sitting in her room right now!  Thanks for digging this one up and posting.  I was transported back in time, if only for a few minutes.

SK, getting sentimental in my old age.

Edited by Stern Kestrelmann
  • Like 5

Email her this link again.

I regularly buy reams of printer paper for my kids. My youngest, Michael, loves...

Dragons :lol:

• Like 1