Grenadier Demon 5002s

Count Urlik

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Neatpete said:

I like the wings and the eyes are great.

This mini takes me back to 8th grade metals class. I made a chess set and this was the king on the dark side. I have no clue how my shop teacher had a mold of this, but I remember this mini from that set.

That is too cool!  Were the other pieces also Grenadier/Ral Partha/etc...?

• Like 1

I’m not sure, I just looked for it online and couldn’t find the set. I didn’t recognize any other minis from grenadier. I had completely forgot about this until now. I remember my parents were mad when I told them how much metal it was going to use, but they paid for it. I then spent hours painting it with craft paint right on the bare metal, only to throw them in a box and have them look like crap immediately after moving the box. My first lesson in how to prep, finish and store painted minis and it was a tough one. I also remember making a mold of a battletech battle master and Wolverine in that class. In fact, I still have a wolverine I cast. I remember because I made an extra srm6 for the 7k variant. Cheers to you jr high shop class teacher Mr. Shultz!

Sorry to ramble in your post, and thanks for the trip down memory lane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1