Backdrop Books 2 KS [ENDS TODAY 5PM GMT] A3, Winter & Skies Books Unlocked ★ Jon Hodgson

Annie

52 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Even though the wallet is going to protest, I'm kind of hoping we not only get the sixth book fully fleshed out, but also in A3, because six is a way better number than five, even if five is a good number too. 

Imagine them all together on a shelf *chef's kiss*

• Thanks 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SKIES ARE UNLOCKED!

We've nearly unlocked everything.

Please do have a peep as there's so much more in there now
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonhodgsonmaptiles2/jon-hodgson-backdrops-two-backdrops-boogaloo]

I've been playing with some sheets of the A3, still test prints but these ones are closer to what the book will be. They are stunning art pieces in their own right.

I've used a single figure to show the difference here

1217508439_hgsizecomparea3copy.thumb.jpg.cecda97fdc9d1c33d0a7c1f5c2807fbb.jpg

and a line for more scale, all 25mm bases.

1720435158_webadallshieldmaidensa3hgcopy.thumb.jpg.6fe5dffce18831f5efa5a400b6ad88ea.jpg

I'll be playing with busier pics tomorrow; I wanted to show you some idea of scale first.

Here's A3 next to A4, ignore those shadows, the office lighting is terrible, thats just some stuff above making a shadow, it's not on the print!

20240201_152002.thumb.jpg.eea0d57aee5fd00a857ff222cc463462.jpg

and one of the sky pics from Jon, more to come:

The extra cool thing about this book is that it's not tied to any location or time period, so the most versatile.

b7fa235d788fd61a54ee533307588939_original.jpg.31d97588cc43ea99b9ba434103eec6fd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Annie said:

SKIES ARE UNLOCKED!

We've nearly unlocked everything.

Please do have a peep as there's so much more in there now
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonhodgsonmaptiles2/jon-hodgson-backdrops-two-backdrops-boogaloo]

I've been playing with some sheets of the A3, still test prints but these ones are closer to what the book will be. They are stunning art pieces in their own right.

I've used a single figure to show the difference here

1217508439_hgsizecomparea3copy.thumb.jpg.cecda97fdc9d1c33d0a7c1f5c2807fbb.jpg

and a line for more scale, all 25mm bases.

1720435158_webadallshieldmaidensa3hgcopy.thumb.jpg.6fe5dffce18831f5efa5a400b6ad88ea.jpg

I'll be playing with busier pics tomorrow; I wanted to show you some idea of scale first.

Here's A3 next to A4, ignore those shadows, the office lighting is terrible, thats just some stuff above making a shadow, it's not on the print!

20240201_152002.thumb.jpg.eea0d57aee5fd00a857ff222cc463462.jpg

and one of the sky pics from Jon, more to come:

The extra cool thing about this book is that it's not tied to any location or time period, so the most versatile.

b7fa235d788fd61a54ee533307588939_original.jpg.31d97588cc43ea99b9ba434103eec6fd.jpg

Gorgeous!Are all of these A3 pics from the first campaign book?

• Like 1

Thanks Divaricatus! Yeah the only A3 prints I have are from the first and second books (Fantasy and Sci Fi)

I've been busy packing for Vapnartak this Sunday (in York, come say hello if you're there!) but managed to get some photos sorted in between.

I'm REALLY enjoying the A3 backdrops. I really enjoy building little scenes so having more backdrop gives more room to play, the extra height is also really useful.

This photo was taken quickly with a camera phone before I left work last night and it's so beautifull!

415677711_2685993011577491_714362353041621624_n.thumb.jpg.73b64507a5691bf8b170b86757571eba.jpg

Here is one of the sci fi A3 backdrops with an unreleased Bad Squiddo mini (just not released YET!)

1712581498_hgwildwesta3.thumb.jpg.3e0687cc318a50c772a1e9dd4c00a1dd.jpg

And I keep meaning to take more photographs that use more figures, so heres another of the A3 Sci Fi book to show some of our Ghosts of Gaia range.

535080407_hgscifia3copy.thumb.jpg.e721d1742a1c0a755987de15a428f9cb.jpg

Here's the link, we've almost unlocked A3 skies!

http://kck.st/4bj1q1C

• Like 2

and we unlocked "give Annie her minis back!" yay!

I'm in York tomorrow for the trade show "Vapnartak" but I managed to get the last of my own Kickstarter: "Ghouls by Paul Muller" all shipped out before traveling, just as the latest painted ones arrived, yay! This is another shot on A3.

187431370_hgghoulsunset.thumb.jpg.62db719aaab2186f1fe21b562c9b28b0.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, WhiteWulfe said:

I think that was my favourite playful 'extra' stretch goal, doubly so given the resemblance to it being hastily scribbled down...

He's had them since the last campaign! They've probably forgot who I am now!

• Haha 3

As much as I'd love to back this one, the shipping costs to Australia rule me out. So I'm going to have to settle for buying the PDFs via DTRPG and printing them myself. I assume the new books will end up on DTRPG as well at some point?

And just to be clear, this is no fault of the creator. It's just unfortunate how stupidly expensive shipping overseas is these days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

And just to be clear, this is no fault of the creator. It's just unfortunate how stupidly expensive shipping overseas is these days.

Such is definitely understandable, given just how expensive shipping to Australia (or New Zealand) was before all the shipping cost changes happened over the past five years.  The all in A3 pledge is 45 GBP to Canada, which comes out to $76.35 CAD at the moment, and that's a route that has generally been viewed in the past as "relatively inexpensive".  There's also that 2kg threshold where mail goes from inexpensive to through the roof too.

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Such is definitely understandable, given just how expensive shipping to Australia (or New Zealand) was before all the shipping cost changes happened over the past five years.  The all in A3 pledge is 45 GBP to Canada, which comes out to $76.35 CAD at the moment, and that's a route that has generally been viewed in the past as "relatively inexpensive".  There's also that 2kg threshold where mail goes from inexpensive to through the roof too.

It sucks. It costs me $65 USD to get a box of about 350 dice shipped to me from the US. I guess that may be about 1kg?

But there is no way around it. It’s either pay or don’t get the stuff.

• Like 1

Olaf - That is totally understandable, Jon will appreciate the DTRPG sale too though! It blows my mind how shipping has surged so much exponentially, especially to Australia. Even just replying on this thread has helped the campaign by giving it a lil bump so thanks for that!

----

Thanks everyone who came and chatted at Vapnartak! It was nice being able to show off the A3 and A4 sample pages that I have, and I even found an old book on how to make dioramas on Dave Lanchester's stand! Success!

The Kickstarter ENDS today, at 5pm UK time.

It's extra important that people realise there is no pledge manager, for this, ie you cannot add anything to your pledge after 5pm today. This is unlike most other Kickstarters (including Bad Squiddo Games ones) and is to make things as simple as possible for Jon, as he juggles all sorts of other projects.

So please do check your pledge has everything you want in it. If you have any questions, PM Jon direct on Kickstarter (or the comments section) and he'll help you.

190330299_hgbackdropsgroupheaderfbendstoday.thumb.jpg.9d6e4397c3eff4e8eb64def169b434a6.jpg

I had a nice chat with Jon on Youtube last night, it was fairly last minute and I had to learn how to use the streaming software (go me!). I stream a lot but just myself directly which is easy, using something that can show a guest and images was more complicated than I thought, but I got it, hooray!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9tIZ3IYb-M

249972814_hg190.thumb.jpg.b6044bbb19448afcfbcddced72ff5c9b.jpg

link to the project is here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonhodgsonmaptiles2/jon-hodgson-backdrops-two-backdrops-boogaloo

thank you everyone who's been involved so far, genuinely looking forward to seeing the photos that result from these!

• Like 2