Getting to Know You February 2024

3 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Question for February 23:  Drive to Survive is back on Netflix today, and the final season Bad Batch started a couple of days ago.  Is there a particular series (show, movie, book, any other thing that releases as a series....) that you are eagerly waiting for?

Nothing grabs me at the moment, it doesn't help that I'm massively behind on most things. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Question for February 23:

[. . .]

Is there a particular series (show, movie, book, any other thing that releases as a series....) that you are eagerly waiting for?

I am unable to think of anything. I wish that I didn’t need to wait another year for the next installment of All Creatures…

I wish they could have carried on the last season with another six or seven episodes. 

Are British Telly series so short because the weather over the British Isles is typically rubbish for filming more often than it isn’t?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Question for February 23:  Drive to Survive is back on Netflix today, and the final season Bad Batch started a couple of days ago.  Is there a particular series (show, movie, book, any other thing that releases as a series....) that you are eagerly waiting for?

Nothing really comes to mind right now. Thou as it's now out, I'm glad that Resident Alien is out on SyFy, so I guess I can say that. It's about the only regular tv watching I do these days. Thou, I feel lost in the first episode of S3. I don't recall Harry working with Linda Hamilton. All I remember from S2 was the alien tracker, the fight at the faculty & an abduction.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Season 2 of Firefly.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Are British Telly series so short because the weather over the British Isles is typically rubbish for filming more often than it isn’t?

I think it's more a case of differences in production paradigms and audience expectations in the UK compared to the US.

One might ask why US series are so long when many of them seem to run out of ideas before they run out of episodes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Yeah, I think both Stranger Things and House of the Dragon.  We’ve been trying to slowly creep through This Flag Means Death, so we aren’t waiting too long.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Other than watching an occasional baseball & basket ball game, I don't watch TV. I read.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2024 at 2:40 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I recently discoverd La Brea.

Now waiting till our network continues it.

Also.. the Final Season of Angel ( I know...it will never happen)

6 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Question for February 24: The last weekend in February is here.  Have you hobbied this month?  Feel free to post pics!

I did.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/104538-giant-cave-sloth-by-glitterwolf/

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/104545-bruja-by-glitterwolf/

Also check out my WIPs in my sig..I did more work on those

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Question for February 24: The last weekend in February is here.  Have you hobbied this month?  Feel free to post pics!

Well, if you consider gaming, then yah almost every Weds this month. I had to cancel one week due to work & then the last week of the month, I won't be here due to vacation away from home. I've also done quite a bit of resin printing as well, other then those two things I haven't really done any painting or gluing things (seems to be the 2 things most related in my 2 hobbies).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I've gotten some done, yup... 

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/104280-whitewulfe-embraces-the-swaaaarm-leviathan-rises/&do=findComment&comment=2135893 is the most recent update where I've been painting a Ballistus Dreadnought... 

20240218_203001.thumb.jpg.772d357b7ca6bcb2e742a20a4c234741.jpg

20240218_203049.thumb.jpg.ca47042232e787f43756e1195a5536e0.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Not as much as I would have liked.

Nothing picture-worthy, it's all base coats and such right now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

February was an incredibly work heavy month, and being in a mine camp with 12 hour shifts with no access to hobby stuff meant that I hardly did anything creative.

I was lucky to get 3 hours of Pathfinder RPG two weeks ago. But that's it.

I'm getting almost two weeks off in the next few days. Hopefully, I'll get something done.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1