Hobby goals for February 2024

Last month didn't pan out the way I had hoped. But I plan to press on this month

My plan for February is:

•  Paint a Shadows of Brimstone character for this month's game token
  •  Get caught up on painting three Mithril minis for the first quarter
  •  Finish two or more figures from the Box 'o Punishment
  •  Diminish the Spreadsheet of Shame backlog column
  •  Paint the big Yeti face from Mandupar Pass

my annual goals are:

Paint a game token each month, but not for the same game ( 2 so far)

Paint three Mithril miniatures each quarter  ( 2 so far)

Empty the Box O' Punishment, formerly known as the annual box  (15 to go)

Paint all my remaining Bones terrain pieces

Avoid purchasing any more miniatures for the rest of the year

• Like 7

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My plans for the month?  Try to take over THE WORLD!  Wait, wrong script... 

- Finish building models in Leviathan

- paint Meirsoa 

- paint Anubis bust

- prep the large batch of models I primed

- finish building MG Ginn

- start waterslide decals on a kit

I'd put more, but we shall see if those ideas move past the initial idea phase first or not before having them as a goal ^_^

• Like 5

I think I will set the modest goal of completing the two hill giants I have sitting on my painting desk.  I don't know why I am reluctant to paint them, I just always find myself painting something else. I also hope to keep up my mini-a-day pace, to keep getting through a lot of the quick and easy paint jobs I need to do (like the bunch of goblins I have in various stages of half-completion, and a few small terrain pieces).

• Like 7

I finished the last of the minis I needed for the Keep on the Borderlands OOB in January.  This month I'm getting back on track with figs for Ral Partha Legacy.  I've got five Chaos Adept and Undead units left to knock off before I can ship everything off.  I'm going to try and get two done before the end of the month.  Time to paint is hard to find now that I'm working two jobs.

The Egg

• Like 7

I'm continuing to do nothing, in preparation for doing a couple of things next month.  I've mostly got my health back, need to work on that a little longer.  Have tickets purchased for the local paint event next month.  May also be running a paint and take at another con in March, we'll see. 

• Like 7

I actually finished 10 minis in January, some started throughout late 2023, but put aside and they just sat there.

For feb

1. Finish the half dozen or so that are in various stages of finished.

2. Actually spend a good chuck of time on the bust that i got(its a small one but gotta start somewhere)

3. Finish a Bigger Mini(Dragon or Giant, not sure which, but im not counting the Clockwork Dragon thats almost done, that belongs in the first one)

Get a better setup for storage/display of the finished minis.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Get a better setup for storage/display of the finished minis.

I really ought to do this too.  My "display" involves temporarily putting them on a bookshelf, in front of the books, until I get around to putting them in boxes.  I think I can probably do better.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, GoldenPiggy said:

I really ought to do this too.  My "display" involves temporarily putting them on a bookshelf, in front of the books, until I get around to putting them in boxes.  I think I can probably do better.

At the moment mine is 2 full shelves that are starting to overflow, and a few of those pluck and peel foam cases.  Oh and 1 shadow box, as well as 1 small knickknack shelf. Scattered about the room.

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 4

I have submitted 5 monthly and 1 quarterly so far. 3 of the monthly are poppets haha.

Tonight, I have washed and applied brown line to the following batch of miniatures. I'm feeling a bit ambitious. 2 of the dolphins below have been painted.

20240209_194753.thumb.jpg.b8cd48335bae7b3f0ec939e6a5946246.jpg

• Like 6

Painting some pulp-era characters from Etsy--delightful and expressive sculpts, a couple of jazz musicians. 

Finished the pulp coppers and divers; also Toad the Drummer and his drum kit from Chronoscope. 
The third Moroccan henchman is done. 
Two more Men from Mercury (converted from Heroclix) are done.
Mario and DK are done, but the setpiece is in progress.
Belevos, Traveling Wizard (as monk) is done.

Working on statues: Fertility Idol, Stone Spartans, Shark Tiki.

Battle Nuns are about halfway done.

Pulp museum personnel (professor, research assistant/docent, guard) are almost done.
Scouts (including the Weaselmancer!) are in progress.

I don't have a plan or a schedule anymore; just going to work on whatever sparks that inspiration!

• Like 6

On 2/1/2024 at 4:21 PM, GoldenPiggy said:

I think I will set the modest goal of completing the two hill giants I have sitting on my painting desk.  I don't know why I am reluctant to paint them, I just always find myself painting something else. I also hope to keep up my mini-a-day pace, to keep getting through a lot of the quick and easy paint jobs I need to do (like the bunch of goblins I have in various stages of half-completion, and a few small terrain pieces).

The hill giants are still there, staring at me accusingly.  They are close to done, though.  Perhaps I will finish them this weekend.

• Like 5