Digital M@

Movies you never tire of

Ok, I just bought a new TV with an integral DVD player and I am excited. It is a huge 13" screen and I have placed next to my painting table. I am hoping it will have two effects, first make me want to paint and allow me to watch movies my wife is sick of :)

I love watching certain movies over and over, except I cannot sit and watch them without doing something else cause I get bored. My wife never wants to hear the names of the movies again, let alone watch them. I think this all started when I was in HS and would watch the cartoon of the Hobbit and LoTR while I painted. Now I will again get to watch old favorites and paint. I am a happy man.

What are some movies you never tire of?

My movie in question would be Hatari with John Wayne. In fact I have almost memorized all the lines in the movie. Drives the missus plain nuts. "Pokects you pick me a big one and I will make you eat it" "Yes Bwana"

UHF

Groundhog's Day

It's a Wonderful Life

Hmmm...Yes Star Wars, Indiana Jones, James Bond, Oscar, Robin Hood - Men in Tights, Shrek, Office Space, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Those come to mind first... :lol:

1. Star Wars.

2. Indiana Jones.

3. Gladiator

4. The Godfather Trilogy

5. The Man With No Name Trilogy

All time favs, which, in coinincidence, I would not really get bored of that easy. ^_^

Or at all, for that matters! ::D:

Almost all of the above along with:

Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Die Hard, Die Hard With a Vengence, The Last Boy Scout, Big Trouble in Little China, Clerks and Tombstone amongst MANY MANY others. Matter of fact, here's my collection if anyone is interested. Some of the ones I listed I only have on vidoe, so they're not on the list.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat...=All&id=styates

Yeah, I'm a movie FREAK!!! ::D:

Boondock Saints

Blackhawk Down

Alien + Aliens

The original Star Wars trilogy

Probably acouple others I can't remember at the moment ::P:

I have to jump on board with many of the above-mentioned. I'm a huge sci-fi/fantasy geek, I watched the Academy Awards this year and cheered like it was the Superbowl when RotK pulled down Best Picture and PJ reeled in Best Director. However, I have to add Dances With Wolves to the list. I love that movie. Always have.

I'll just add a couple some of my favorites have all ready been mentioned several times.

The 13th Warrior

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Yes the movie)

Buckaroo Banzai

Galaxy Quest

Geez, I'm setting myself up here, but I can sit and watch Field of Dreams all day long.

Ha ha! C'mon, I'm making this waaay too easy for all of you. Leave it alone.

It's not a Kevin Costner fixation, it's more about the 'journey to find yourself' movies. You know they get you right there, don't they?

Princess Bride and MOnty Python Holy Grail..

I can watch both of those over and over.. never tried watching them at the same time though! Might have to give that a try.

hudson hawk. bruce willis at his comedic finest.

the highlander. there can be only one.

pitch black. now THATS an anti-hero.

finding nemo. my son loves it and the jokes never get old-ellen degeneres's best role; she actually made me laugh :poke:

matrix

the hobbit

lotr-movies AND old cartoon

dragonslayer. best animatronic big lizard in history. very dark ages d&d.

and of course everything everyone else named.