More standing around in the kitchen

Jester

I spent some time just standing and painting again in the kitchen...

These again are GS Level stuff but each one had to have a unique paint scheme for the horse! And yea, I just painted the horses white - so SUE ME!!!. That's the way they're supposed to be in this batch...

:devil:

Knight #1 - Red

Knight #2 - Blue

Knight #3 - Black and Gold

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a criticism of the painting (I wouldn't presume.. anymore than I'd critique Einstien on Physics - yer both out of my league). But those horses strike me as rather er... friendly and cheerful in comparison to their clearly insane and nasty (even if "good") riders. Mebbe its just the white scheme your customer wanted, but those horses look more like they should be giving rides to five year olds at the petting zoo than charging into battle with bad intentions.

EDIT: on second review of the pics.. I think it may be the sculpt of the horse I am critiquing here, as they look like they are gamboling or ambling compared to nostrils flared, foam spewing, charging..

those horses strike me as rather er... friendly and cheerful in comparison to their clearly insane and nasty (even if "good") riders. ... those horses look more like they should be giving rides to five year olds at the petting zoo than charging into battle with bad intentions.

If you think these horses are tame, you should see the horses used for the High Elf army, Wood Elf army and the horses from the Dark Elf Dark Riders.

Those horses are so goofy looking, these horses are 10 times more fearsome in appearance than those merry-go-round beasts.

Nice minis Jester. They look cohesive as a unit yet each individual is unique.

Yes, the Wood Elves horses are some of the most BIZARRO horses I've ever seen produced!!! :lol:

Oh well... I guess I can't win em all, and if the client's happy I'll just file "pink noses" under the "trivial but critical detail" department... <_<

Geez man. the most I can accomplish standing around in the kitchen is a sammich. You turn out gorgeous minis.

You can make sammiches? ::o:

I can basically just walk into objects and manage to grab beer out of the fridge.

Come to think of it, these two things might be related... <_<

Nice work as usual Jester. For the record, I could care less what color you paint a horses nose.

Actually in this case if I were to add in pink, I would mix black and pink to get a purple shade to start with and level up to pink. I've used that on tongues before and it is a great combination for exactly that...

Geez man. the most I can accomplish standing around in the kitchen is a sammich.

Hmmm... and I'll take a roast beef with onions, swiss, lettuce, tomato, mayo and stone ground mustard on sourdough bread, please!

Hmmm... and I'll take a roast beef with onions, swiss, lettuce, tomato, mayo and stone ground mustard on sourdough bread, please!

Wow, you know how to ruin perfectly good roast beef, man. put it on frenchbread or a hoagie, a lil mayo, and a cup of au jus on the side. DAT'S high livin'.

Amateurs... ::P: You take about a pound of good quality roast beef (deli-sliced, of course) on a hoagie bun slathered with mayo and dijon mustard (Pardon me, would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?), add to it an additional pound of deli-sliced, good quality ham and another pound of deli-sliced, good quality turkey (this is a 6" bun, mind you). Then you lightly toast the bun and meats (under the broiler for about 1 or 2 minutes). After that, you add any additional toppings that you wish, but preferably lettuce, onion and tomato, all sliced thinly (known as julienne) or shredded if you prefer. Then, pour a slight amount of Italian dressing on top of the greens, put the "sammich" together, and kick back for a feast! Better have some chips with it and an ample supply of Mountain Dew or Beer! :rolleyes:

Stop talking about beer and tempting sandwiches please, it's only 3:00, I don't want to see my day go to waste getting drunk at the Hofbrau again when I should be painting...

Nice tip for painting tounges, black+pink then highlight up through to purple, yep sounds about right. Don't forget the snakebite+bonewhite combo for the nice chalky yellow layer on the top of the tongue!

Now maybe you guys will stop with the sandwich talk after I've ruined your appetites?

Amateurs... ::P: You take about a pound of good quality roast beef (deli-sliced, of course) on a hoagie bun slathered with mayo and dijon mustard (Pardon me, would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?), add to it an additional pound of deli-sliced, good quality ham and another pound of deli-sliced, good quality turkey (this is a 6" bun, mind you). Then you lightly toast the bun and meats (under the broiler for about 1 or 2 minutes). After that, you add any additional toppings that you wish, but preferably lettuce, onion and tomato, all sliced thinly (known as julienne) or shredded if you prefer. Then, pour a slight amount of Italian dressing on top of the greens, put the "sammich" together, and kick back for a feast! Better have some chips with it and an ample supply of Mountain Dew or Beer! :rolleyes:

now DIS man know how to make 'im a po-boy, yah. ;)

got a place in Slidell, LA that makes sandwiches about like you described. Minus the rabbit food on mine, of course, but tasty nonetheless.

btw Darkstar, you could sit n' describe how to paint a nice, scabbed-over, pus-filled wound to me n' I wouldn't lose my appetite. Nice try though ;)