Satire: Annoying stuff

Actually I think a fundamental English vocabulary is only necessary to get citizenship, not to obtain a temporary work visa. I have seen many Spanish-only speaking employees at my job.

MOre annoying things..

I signed up for a new MSN account today, and in the list of dropdown careers to choose from, there was NOT ONE even CLOSE to applicable to the tens of thousands of Americans (and non-americans) who toil endlessly and thanklessly in the foodservice industry.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF one knows, and knows that he knows... follow him, for he is wise.

If one does not know, but knows that he does not know... Teach him, for he can learn.

If one does not know, and does not know that he does not know...

Avoid him, for his is a fool.

I've carried that on a card in my wallet for years and years.

I agree all here should speak the native language. All who can't read the Cherokee syllabry, get out of Georgia, NOW. :lol:

English isn't even the "language" of Britain. It's Gaelic. The Angles, Saxons and Jutes were latecomers who didn't adapt well. :poke:

I get really annoyed at some older drivers. I have no problem if you are 100 years old and still have the capabiltiy to drive responisibly and without putting other drivers and pedestrians in danger, but if you cant turn your head, see where you are going, cant remember where you are going, swerve recklessly etc. then you shouldnt drive. Driving is a privilage, not a right. I think everyone should be tested every 10 years or so to make sure they are still capable of driving safely. Anyone who cannot handle a multi-ton vehilce moving at variable rates of speed should not be allowed behind the wheel and endanger other, responiciple, drivers. I am not "age-ist" but I do believe in protecting people's safelty, thats why I believe everyone should be tested.

I agree all here should speak the native language. All who can't read the Cherokee syllabry, get out of Georgia, NOW. :lol:

English isn't even the "language" of Britain. It's Gaelic. The Angles, Saxons and Jutes were latecomers who didn't adapt well. :poke:

Or perhaps they adapted to well, which is why Gaelic is slowly becoming a thing of the past.

Oh yeah, and I also hate people who bought a motorcycle, and then went out of their way to make the damn thing as noisy as possible, because noise motorcycles are COOL. Ok so far I follow them, I also understand driving your noise hellmachine back and forth across the US. What I don't understand is the need to drive back and forth at full throttle in front of my appartment window all night long. My baby doesn't stand a chance ::(: . The walls of tall buildings throw the noise of motorcycles back and forth, so it gets so loud.

Kim

I get really annoyed at some older drivers. I have no problem if you are 100 years old and still have the capabiltiy to drive responisibly and without putting other drivers and pedestrians in danger, but if you cant turn your head, see where you are going, cant remember where you are going, swerve recklessly etc. then you shouldnt drive. Driving is a privilage, not a right. I think everyone should be tested every 10 years or so to make sure they are still capable of driving safely. Anyone who cannot handle a multi-ton vehilce moving at variable rates of speed should not be allowed behind the wheel and endanger other, responiciple, drivers. I am not "age-ist" but I do believe in protecting people's safelty, thats why I believe everyone should be tested.

Agreed Fuzzy. A couple months ago me and Dad were driving down the road, and I had to call 911. Why? This old guy pulls out almost in front of us, then proceeds to go only 30 miles an hour on a busy road. Add to this he thought the shoulder of the road was a second lane. We didn't dare try to pass as the traffic was heavy on the other side, and now and then he would weave into the lane from the shoulder where he was driving. Then he couldn't maintain an even speed, sometimes down to 20 miles and hour. Speed limit was 45 on this particular stretch of road. So I reported his license plate on his car, and they were sending a cop out after him.

A few years ago there was a fairly bad accident up in Rochester involving an older woman. Apparently she turned in front of someone. Her car was totaled as was the other car and a person from the other car ended up in the Hospital. Her excuse for not seeing them? It was foggy. The problem with this excuse? There was no fog to be had anyplace within a good couple hundred miles. Turns out she had cataracts so bad that it looked foggy to her. That and when tested, she didn't know her right from her left.

Oddly, a little known piece of information is that per capita Florida has one of the highest vehicle accident rates of any state. They also have one of the highest Populations of Senior Citizens in the Country. Coincidence? I don't think so.

But yeah being tested every 10 years for EVERYONE would be great then no age bracket can scream "Age discrimination." In the process we will get a lot of people who cannot drive, OFF the road.

Hey Enchanta while I agree your "Russian" truck driver was a pain try and remember he was brought up reading a different alphabet to the one you and I use, agreed not hugely different but still different.

Stuart

I am fully aware of that. My Family at one point back when I was in college had a Russian Foreign exchange student. My point is if he cannot read the road signs, he shouldn't be driving. I don't want someone who cannot understand that big red sign that says "STOP" driving a 16 wheeler down the road.

I really hate people that make lists of things they hate. It's just complaining.

Oh, I've done this three or four times already.

Um I hate people who do not post lists of things they hate. They are repressing their feelings which will only come boiling to the surface eventually.

:devil:

You don't need to read that is says "stop" you go by the symbol, colour and shape of the sign. It is one of the things that are fairly global so that different language speakers can cope all around the world. Otherwise how are tourists meant to cope ?

Stuart

Chain letters drive me up the wall too.

If you forward this post to 1 person in the next 10 minutes your luck will be fair.

If you forward this post to 5 people in the next 10 minutes your luck will be good.

If you forward this post to 10 people in the next 10 minutes your luck will have run out because that would be sufficient for a mob and they will hunt you down and kill you.