Mephisto, Arch Devil

Just in time for Halloween (Samhain for me) I did up Mephisto for auction. Anyway Here's some big pics of him. This was the first time using VMC for an entire mini and what a difference. I am still trying to get used to watering them down soooo much before using them. This guy was fun all the way and even though not everything turned out as well as I hoped I think he does look sharp :) I put him on a Dark Age base and scuplted and addition ontop his existing base. Basically I wanted to convey the idea of cooling lava.

Enjoy and of course comments and critism welcome.

Ja

here's more pics

post-4-1097522175.jpg

• Like 14
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! The NMM on the legplates is killer! The base looks really well done...overall a magnificent piece, good luck on your auction, it should do well

VMC's are the bomb are they not? Now all I have to do is get rich so I can afford the whole set. Except the metallics that is... :devil:

The only thing that bothers me is the hip region, it looks like one of those old GI Joe toys, with the movable legs...did you have to assemble the legs or was that part of the sculpt?

The wings were actually incredibly easy to pull off. Started with Black the highlighted by adding VGC sombre grey to it then mixed in Citadel Ghostly grey for final highlights and just drybrushed each layer one. Actually the quickest part of the mini.

Ja

Very nice. That NMM rocks...

Thx

This was the first time I was happy with how the NMM looked

I like the cool lava base. Very nice coloration on the mini.

The base was going to be hot lava but it occured to me that it would be much more realisitic if I was to put him on a semi solid surface. And the colouration on the mini is supposed to convey the idea that he's not just a filthy demon he is the Mac daddy of demons :lol:

Ja

np really easy to do. I start by basing hte area with yellow ochre, then shade with green brown, then blend in yellow ochre again and highlight up with buff with a final highlight of white (pure). I tried blocking with this NMM but it didn't work to well for me so I went back to my normal shade and highlight method.

Ja