Why do I torture myself?

Qwyksilver

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose here's the part where I chime in with "stoopid Braves..sss"

Not that I'm a baseball fanatic or anything, (sorry Unglef), but it seems to be an Atlanta tradition to be disappointed in mid-October.

phphpthhhhh :(

Good news though, Atlantians.. we won't have to face a 2004-2005 season of seeing the Atlanta T'rashers getting pounded into the ice! :)

Aw I remember those days fondly.

There were a few jokes around, like

COME TO ATLANTA BRAVES BAT-NIGHT

(Bring a bat and we'll let ya play)

and my other fave, where a man calls good ol' Atlanta Fulton County Stadium and asks hwo good the seats are, and the ticket-man says, "Depends.. can you pitch?"

Spike, leave the Braves jokes to people who actually watch these flops. You are not a baseball fan, as you have told me on several occasions. You groan every time Steve gets out The Book, and you know it. Only those that have suffered sleepless nights and ulcers are allowed to lament about dissapointing teams. ::P:

And Qwyksilver, you torture yourself for the same reason I do (I've been watching Braves post-seasons for 13 years, every game): we're both stupid baseball fans and we actually care about the home team.

LOL, the scary part is, my wife is the bigger Sox fan. I thought the remote was going to go through the TV when Schilling started getting lit up in the 2nd and Franconia left him in.

I just keep hoping my dogged fanaticism will be rewarded like it has been for the Pats over the past 4 years.

Sheesh... one game and yer ready to throw in the towel...

As a card-carrying member of "The Fat Man" Fan Club I can only be ecstatic to hear that even the beantowners think the curse will last another year.

Go Bambino Go! Continue to trounce on the aspirations of sox fans around the world long after your passing.

Only one thing to say....

Yankees5.gif in 5! baby.

And before I get hacked for being a bandwagon Yankees fan... I remember the days when Kevin Maas was the most exciting thing to happen for the yankees in over a decade.

But never fear... even if you get past the yankees... I'm sure the shade of Mookie Wilson is rounding third (iirc Mookie scored on Ray Knights grounder).

EDIT: AFAIK Mookie Wilson is not dead. I think he's in someones coaching system :) But I'm sure he'd be at game 7 of any BoSox WS, just for old times sake ;)

But never fear... even if you get past the yankees... I'm sure the shade of Mookie Wilson is rounding third (iirc Mookie scored on Ray Knights grounder).
I'm pretty sure it was Knight who scored on Wilson's grounder.