Old and New at Ichabod's request

Rodnik

Ichabod had asked that I post an "old and new", like Flynn recently did. I think I actually posted the old dwarf recently---but here him is again---

So---for your viewing pleasure:

This is my "first" model, done about 12 months ago.

---along with a figure I finished just a few weeks ago. I didn't have any 'do-overs', so this will have to suffice. So, a year's worth of work, basically.

It's time like these you ask yourself, "what the heck was I thinkin'".

Enjoy!

Kev

post-4-1097808332.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Dwarf. The one on the right I mean. But you knew that already. ^_^

Man, congratulations on coming that far in 1 year...my question now to both you and Flynn seeing as how all 3 of us have been painting for around 1 year is this,

Who's going to win the first Golden Demon? hehe.

Hey, I paint GW minis for a living! I resent that stuff...they're great minis! They're just different that's all...tolerance people tolerance :poke:

I hafta agree that GW minis are great.

A bit out of my price range now, though.. but still I really love them and they keep getting better and better.

I do like the over the top "gothic" aestetic though.

Who's going to win the first Golden Demon?

I'm working on my first entry/entries now. I expect I'll be ready by the time Atlanta rolls around again.

As for who will win one first...::D:

Well.....I'm in it for the experience....if I win anything it'll be a bonus. However, it's not for the faint-hearted, considering that many of the competitive folks put 100+ hours into a single 25mm figure, at a minimum. In my mind, the tough part isn't winning---the tough part is finishing your entry---there are *very* few folks that have the level of tenacity necessary to be competitive at that level.

The general consensus that I get from the competitors is that talent is second to tenacity for that particular competition. An acceptable level of competitive skill can be learned----tenacity is all about a person's character.

Who's going to win the first Golden Demon?

I'm working on my first entry/entries now. I expect I'll be ready by the time Atlanta rolls around again.

As for who will win one first...::D:

Well.....I'm in it for the experience....if I win anything it'll be a bonus. However, it's not for the faint-hearted, considering that many of the competitive folks put 100+ hours into a single 25mm figure, at a minimum. In my mind, the tough part isn't winning---the tough part is finishing your entry---there are *very* few folks that have the level of tenacity necessary to be competitive at that level.

The general consensus that I get from the competitors is that talent is second to tenacity for that particular competition. An acceptable level of competitive skill can be learned----tenacity is all about a person's character.

Very eloquently said.

Yeah, the competition is dog eat dog. I quiver at the thought. Having your artwork judged against that standard. Every year the painters get more insane, as we go into the future the competition drives everyone to be more and more developed as artists. That's what I love about competition though, is the sense of personal development gained by setting a goal for oneself and trying to achieve it. Even if you fail, you've gained experience and go up to the next level. Sounds like D&D lol.