Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vikinglodge

Elmendorf Beast (merged threads)

Recommended Posts

Damn.. didn't Greg Bear write a story where an animal like this turned up that ended with the destruction of the earth? (Hammer of the Gods? or Anvil something).

 

Cool anyway. Likely a hoax / messed up critter. If you've seen pics of pickled pugs you wouldn't think they were human either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, the rapid decay isn't all that mysterious. They said it had a serious skin infection from the mange. So basically it was covered head to toe in bacteria that were already winning the battle and eating it alive. When it died, it wouldn't take long at that point for things to go down hill rapidly. Also the lack of blood can be explained by simple dehydration. If you copmpare the skulls closely, you will note that the coyote skull also has very long canies. In fact the skulls look very similar. As for the congenital defects, if it was born into a pack with a serious disease issue, its growth could easily have been deformed from its illness. My guess is that these are members of a seriously sick pack of coyotes.

 

TS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Good points Talespinner. That could have explained how a piece of the ear came of when it was lifted up.

 

I am going to keep an eye out for anymore info on it and the test results.

 

I am really starting to wonder about the state of our Envoirment if this poor coyete suffered this bad and got this deformed from waste dumps you know I have never seen an animal this bad of.

And if it is efficting the animals this bad even in small amount of cases I think it really is beyond a place were we are needed to act urgently.

Like the frogs that were deformed somewhere upstate I cant remember. Will we have two headed Coyetes running around here soon the question begs to be answered. ::(:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is some news on the lufkin animal, not surprising results from the labretory.

 

Unknowncountry.com has received word from the laboratory doing DNA studies on the Elmendorf animal, the strange creature killed near Elmendorf, Texas, last May, that the DNA is canine, but that it has been subjected to too much stress to tell anything about a specific species.

At this time, we are seeking to get them additional DNA from the Lufkin creature.

 

The animal was known to be canine from the configuration of its skull. The exact species remains a mystery.

 

The two animals that have been shoot were found in two different places in Texas I guess Elmendorf anf lufkin. They have reported sighting another animal like this running in the vicinity they want people to either contain or capture the animal for study instead of shooting it.

 

I think its important we find out what is effecting the animals to get to this a bad a state I mean wow I have never seen anything like it and we have alot of coytes out here in the desert and stray starving dogs. Also in watching Animal cops on Animal planet alot never seen anything that bad there either and they see some of the worst cases there is.

 

 

New picture of animals mouth

luf1-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the Lufkin Animal seen first in Texas and shot pic 2-3. The new pic was shot in Arizona being alive and one out of a group. I will you keep you posted for you intrested in the wierd ::D:

 

84662005.jpg

 

lufkin2.jpg

 

lufkin4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeaa dont you know it. The few ones they have cornered so far they have always ended up shooting. Their own dogs being really scared of the creatures.

They want to try to catch one and having had more a few sightings of groups of them here in southwest I think its a matter of time and keeping their cool and not killing the thing.

 

To me this is not regulaur Mangee it cannot be. I would speculate it might be some new version of Mangee that is more severe or somthing simalir to that effect. To me I could imagine it looks like a coyte with no fur and some strange disaese but I have never seen a shaved coyete only healthy ones out in the desert behind our fence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These would make good monsters for the DHL line. :huh:

 

We'd even have stock photos for painting references.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Demodex mange, caused by a type of mite, can be fatal.

 

The whole body can be affected, and can cause death.

 

The lack of blood volume, and 'brittleness' of thin areas (skin) strikes me as a skin disease. Demodex and ticks/fleas could account for both.

 

But seeing so many of those poor guys plagued by something, ugh. I've seen coyotes, they have a few ticks. But none that sick. Too weak to hunt the usual small prey, I can see them going after cooped chickens.

 

Some sort of environmental stressor is causing the local coyotes to exhibit this.

 

Reading up on the web, it seems sighting have sprung up all over. Lufkin, Pollock, places in AZ, and elmendorf have all seen and or shot the beast. Only the Lufkin beast has the weird lower jaw deformity which makes me believe it was congenital, or caused by injury early it's life.

 

My bet, 95% chance it's diseased coyotes, 5% new species.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a dog. The live one doesn't seem to have the deformed jaw, so, I'd guess the dead one was a defective specimen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, like I said long ago, dog or coyote with mange. No chance this is a new species. Hopefully they get the mange under control if there's that many animals running around with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...