ReaperCon 2005

eastman

I put the little stickers on my calendar. ::D: Hopefully, nothing breaks down between now and then, and I can afford to go this year! WOOT WOOT! :bday:

BTW: What airport code am I looking for? (I've never fly/flew/flied/flowed before, so this is all very foreign to me.)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

best bet, fly into DFW: Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

Love Field, also in Dallas, has severe restrictions on incoming flights.

cher ^_^

Unfortunately, if we fly, we might not get that choice. Often price comes before comfort, and since Austin is so close to Dallas, many of the flights go through Love Field instead.

There's always Greyhound, though. :unsure: Not the most comfortable, but since it's so close, an option.

What's the closest bus and train stations to Reaper?

Wowza.... a quick search on Expedia.ca reveals it to be just shy of 600 Canadian bones. Not bad. I seem to recall it being closer to the 1k mark when I looked last year.

For those who attended last year, do you recall how much moola the hotel was for the weekend?

best bet, fly into DFW: Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

Love Field, also in Dallas, has severe restrictions on incoming flights. 

cher ^_^

Unfortunately, if we fly, we might not get that choice. Often price comes before comfort, and since Austin is so close to Dallas, many of the flights go through Love Field instead.

There's always Greyhound, though. :unsure: Not the most comfortable, but since it's so close, an option.

What's the closest bus and train stations to Reaper?

There is a Greyhound stop on the west side of Denton. I'm sure that anyone would be willing to drive over (less than 10 miles) and pick you up. There's not an Amtrak station in Denton. Amtrak has stops in Dallas and Gainesville (30 miles N of Denton), but not Denton.

Seems like I paid just under $200 for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

Thanks to Kit for getting us the good rates last year, any chance of something similar this year? That motel is pretty close to Reaper and we were able to have a kind of "pre-con" breakfast together in the lobby. ^_^

Will events be starting around 5-6 pm like last year? I need to know if I should take Thursday off or if I can drive down Friday a.m. like last year.

Laquinta is a very nice hotel too.. excellent rooms and close to Reaper.

As for Greyhound, Steve and I looked into that option last year, and we found that it would involve almost 24 hours by bus due to stopovers and such. For that reason, the North Tagarthos posse will be travelling in Steve's blue four-door mini-carrying-case. Hopefully there will be NO armadillo-incidents this time.

I was just telling Steve how excited I am. I had such a great time last year, and that was before I got to know so many of you so well. It'll especially be fun if other players from our province on ReaperGames are able to come.

Meanwhile, my calendar is marked, and I will be putting in my request for vacation at work ASAP. After last year's adventure at the ReaperCon store, I KNOW better than to let Steve go without me.

I'ce just looked on a couple of websites, and it's about £400 non-stop to DFW which while it's more than I paid last year, it's direct and on BA, which is a plus.

The La Quinta was something like $60 a night, which was quite cheap. I think I ended up paying something like $300 for the whole weekend - Thursday afternoon until Monday Morning.

The only problem with the whole non-stop flight thing is time - still, perhaps Reaper could use an extra pair of hands..... never know, if I'm lucky I may end up dry brushing again :o)

WHOO HOO! :bday:

THANKS REAPERBRYAN!

Can't wait to get there again and catch up with everybody! ::D:

For RAC we stayed at Dentons Super 8 Motel, the rooms were clean and no "frills" but they were within 5 minutes from Reaper HQ. A very easy quick ride.

If anyone wants the phone # it's : (940) 380-8888 They also have a toll fee # but this is the direct line to the one in Denton.

I'll probably be booking a room straight away unless Reaper is comming up with a package deal. They filled up pretty quickly if I remember right

My next couple of questions are:

Will each class cost a seperate fee or will it be a one fee covers everything?

Will the boneyard be open again?

Does anyone need a ride from NM?

Thanks for giving us plenty of time to get our acts together and cash /time saved up

See you there!

Dang, Leech, that's pretty darn cheap. I'd think it would be more expensive to fly from London to Dallas.

Shoot, round trip Austin-Dallas-Austin is about $100+ most times.

As for Greyhound, since we're in Austin, it would be about $50 round trip for one person and take something like 6 hours (due to stops along the way). Right now, after discussing it, a lot depends on the car we plan on getting. If we get a new-used car, then we'll drive. If not, we might rent a car, just so we have A/C and don't add mileage to our current vehicle.

I'm going to wait a bit until we hear from Reaper about room deals first. I want to drive as little as possible to/from Reaper HQ and the Place of Resting. As long as I have a bed to sleep in and a shower to use, I'm happy (yes, I'm one of those people who insists on a daily, morning shower... this would be why I don't go camping).