Sign in to follow this  
Jester

WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never had a mini kick my arse before, but this guy has come the closest of all of the miniatures I've ever painted.

Enjoy the photo, people. I will see you all after 10/31... Have fun, and KEEP PAINTING!!!

war00.jpg

That's awesome. The best one of these I've seen yet.

2 things I like about it,

1. The Gold NMM is outstandingly well done. The blends and transitions from dark to light are lustrous.

2. The Shield is amazing, wow. The gem eyes work well with the gold and the play of light on the shield is really accurate.

2 things I'd improve (if I had the ability)

1. The fur pelt, although well done needs a touch more highlighting around the right edge. It looks dusty right now. Which is fine for WAR, but doesn't match the rest of his ultra-clean look. Nitpicky.

2. The beard? Needs some shading. Looks like it's just pure white. Maybe the photo washing it out.

1 thing I dislike...

The horns. They look kinda snarky compared with the level of the rest of the mini.

I know how much of a pain horns are though...that angle is incredibly frustrating to paint on...I personally hate horns of any sort. I think it's just the sculpt that annoys me on this piece though, not so much the paint.

*221 ----my new method of commenting on minis...alleviates the need to say "wow" and "cool mini" without explaining what I like/dislike. Helps me to give FB mo beta.*

Originally posted by Jester

WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STFU [email protected]~

---

I like it a lot, Jester, I especially like the cloak. I'm just not sure about the tiny red tips on the top of the horns. I think black may have worked better.

I'm pissed off at you for how freaking good that looks. If I see you on the street, I'm going to fart in your general direction.

Ummm... ok, if you say so. That's a bit harsh...

I like it a lot, Jester, I especially like the cloak. I'm just not sure about the tiny red tips on the top of the horns. I think black may have worked better.

Actually the horns were completely reworked at the RAC. UNFORTUNATELY I also reworked the shield and messed it up, so that needs to be redone. AND the arm holding the axe fell off along with the pin, so that needs to be cleaned up and re-attached...

OY!!!