Sign in to follow this  
Kelcore

Witch Queen

Well, after a long break from painting, I've finally managed to finish something. The 1st mini and Warlord of my girlfriend's chosen army, to be exact. Unfortunately, like any elf mini I try to photograph, she refused to co-operate. Forgive the crappy photos. Fire away.

post-4-1098406206.jpg

• Like 2

Well, after a long break from painting, I've finally managed to finish something. The 1st mini and Warlord of my girlfriend's chosen army, to be exact. Unfortunately, like any elf mini I try to photograph, she refused to co-operate. Forgive the crappy photos. Fire away.

Looks quite promising... maybe if you photograph it like you would a vampire that'll help out? Just prettend it's a skinny crusader chic?

Well, after a long break from painting, I've finally managed to finish something. The 1st mini and Warlord of my girlfriend's chosen army, to be exact. Unfortunately, like any elf mini I try to photograph, she refused to co-operate.  Forgive the crappy photos.  Fire away.

Looks quite promising... maybe if you photograph it like you would a vampire that'll help out? Just prettend it's a skinny crusader chic?

umm..ok...whatever that means... :huh:

Perhaps you could clarify?

You were saying that you had trouble photographing elfsies... so I was suggesting a different mindset to photograph the mini (tongue in cheek of course)...

Don't worry if I'm still not making sense... it won't be the first time I'm the only one who gets my jokes.... it was a joke... love the painting... please take no offense... please please...

I'll just shut up and curl up in a fetal position now...

Actually Michael, that's perfect. I asked for clarification, you delivered. All is well, and thank you! No need to be fetal. ::):

Having painted this one myself I can appreciate what went into getting it painted to this level. Nicely done.

I like...

1. The cleanness of the web on her skirt. I filed mine off completely before painting it as it looked like a huge pain. Well done.

2. The overall color scheme...very pleasing to the eye.

I would work on...

1. The cha-chas look like they need some definition between where they're armored and where the edge of the armor is. Maybe the blur on the photo though.

2. The photo, but you knew that already. :poke:

I don't like...

Nothing comes to mind.

Cheers,

DS

Thanks DS.

Honestly, I think I need to futz with the lighting. , looks lie I'm having some distance issues as well. I'll have to work on it tomorrow, however, as my batteries are dead, and I just don't feel like goin out tonight. <_< Really, you can see where the brass ends and the boobage begins on her chest in real life. Geez these things are a pain to pohtograph sometimes.

Yes, yes, yes! Nice work Kel. I started this model last year and never finished her. Good to see you posting something other than WL Crusaders! ::D:

I really like this... The photo is a little dark, it makes her look like an older woman, almost elderly. It could be my crappy monitor though...

Still very sweet dude.

SK, taking his shirt off

Yes, yes, yes! Nice work Kel. I started this model last year and never finished her. Good to see you posting something other than WL Crusaders! ::D:

I really like this... The photo is a little dark, it makes her look like an older woman, almost elderly. It could be my crappy monitor though...

Still very sweet dude.

SK, taking his shirt off

Thanks bro! Though I doubt it's your "crappy monitor" more like my crappy pics! :lol:

I'll try gettin decent photos up in the next few days. On the bright side, my girlfriend really likes her.

It really does look like the like is reflecting off of the points on the mini that are closest to the camera... I'm betting that's spoofing the focus/depth of the photo... Of course... all monitors are not made alike... so... that's another issue...

Ya know... you could still make it to the RAC if ya hurried... :-) Then we could ooogle it in person...

It really does look like the like is reflecting off of the points on the mini that are closest to the camera... I'm betting that's spoofing the focus/depth of the photo... Of course... all monitors are not made alike... so... that's another issue...

Ya know... you could still make it to the RAC if ya hurried... :-) Then we could ooogle it in person...

Ugh...1st Anne, now you...LOL!

Man, I'd love to make it down there. Nothing would make me happier, actually! However, it just wasn't in the financial cards this time around . :down:

Oh well, there's always Reapercon in a few months...