Sign in to follow this  
Super Jag

Automatic success when attacking?

I've noticed that there are some instances when an attacking model ends up with a MAV that is either: (1) one less than opponent DV; (2) equal to opponent DV; 3 greater than opponent DV. Essentially these all mean that any dice roll of one or more is a success!!! Is this correct? How could the attacker possibly fail?

I realize there's a perfect 10 dice roll success factor. I've not seen anything saying there's a perfect 1 dice roll failure.

Okay... well according to the other thread (thanks Jeneki for the link)...

Once MVA and DV are other factors are determined, if a model only needs to roll a 1 then it's basically ALWAYS going to be a success.

I can see the pro's and con's to it and am fine with it. It's just different than anything I've seen before and wanted to make sure it is what it appeared to be.

Thanks.

there are only like 3 figures in the game that can realy do that though

I take it they are high-points warlords who should be kicking the crap out of anyone dumb enough to get close?

Nathaniel

Or if you have support from 5 of your friends (+5) and are in the rear (+1 more) and have 2 more of your buddies behind you with reach (+2 more) for a mod so far of +8. Take a general grund MAV of 2 and you are at dice plus 10 so far. Gonna automatic on a DV of 11 or less.

Haven't even begun to talk about models with a MAV greater than 2 (a lot of them) or adding magic items.

Thus far in my limited experience with Warlord, there have ONLY been the following models that ended up having "automatic" success:

a. Dragon

b. Warlords w/ multiple supporters

c. Really good models w/ support attacking very damaged opponents.

So, it's not a common occurence, but has come up a handful of times. Like I said, just something new and different to get used to. It's all good...