Sign in to follow this  
madrogran

Why I love these boards!

First off, THANK YOU ALL!.

I recently started painting again. I went to my FLGS and bought a new set of citadel paints and brushes and set to work on a bag of minis I found lurking in the closet.

group1.JPG

These are the first week or so after I started back up. NOtice the thick paint! ;) I do like the cossack looking guy at the far right. (yes, these are in chronological order)

Then I found the reaper boards! I began to thin paint and start trying techniques y'all describe.

Group2.JPG

I like the dwarf the best. My first experiment with thinning paint was the good ol' elf queenie. I'm still not pleased with her.

Group3.JPG

This has been the past week or two. The wizzie is going into the dip b/c I'm not happy with the color scheme overall. I just finished Miss Lysette tonight and I'm sort of pleased with my progress.

Now I need to find a good way of sealing these guys. I haven't sealed any yest and the paint is starting to rub off a bit. I also heard they photo better after getting a gloss, then matte sealer...

Thanks again everyone, you have been truly inspiring and overly helpful.

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

Now that's progress! Congrats.

What you've heard about sealants is correct. Gloss first, then matte. Testor's Dullcoat=the best for the price, www.fantization.com sells it for $3.69 a can.

Now that's progress! Congrats.

What you've heard about sealants is correct. Gloss first, then matte. Testor's Dullcoat=the best for the price, www.fantization.com sells it for $3.69 a can.

Even Better, go to Michaels and use one of the 40% off coupons found in the paper and you can get a can for under $2 depending on the region of the US you live in.