Sign in to follow this  
Darkstar

Killer Optical Illusion

I took a screenshot and I used the eyedropper from Phtoshop on both squares.

Both are the same shade of grey... :blink:

EDIT:

Here's a pic. Notice the line I ran throught the squares. I didn't alter the color at all, merely used the Eyedropper thingy...

Grey.jpg

The color somewhat blends both of into the grey "A" square, and the white square "B" (although you notice it is a tad darker. Look under the letter B, and you can see the line stands out a bit).

Pretty cool illusion! ::):

I want to make sure I add that when viewing the site, make sure your volume on your PC is turned up as there is an audio component to one of the illusions!

@Vinny, yeah, that's what I was going to do...I couldn't figure out where my screenshot .dir was though! That one is just too weird. I think I'm going to research it a little...

Okay, I took the image into Photoshop also. I cropped each square out and placed them side by side. Here...

GreyTest.jpg

What the? They are the same...lol. That's weird.

Well, it's not much of an illusion, but more a "natural" lighting effect. The shadow from the can darkens the white square "B", while the light that came from the top right corner (you can tell by the shadow) lightens the dark square "A".

Simple, yet so subtle... ::D:

(Yep, I had to lie down and concentrated to figure that out... Whew! :blink: )

Yep..the last one is TRIPPY!

I checked the one with the two squares..held my hands over all the rest and they are the same. I suppose a screen-capture of the pic put through hue-analysis would be more telling... but..

the last one.. it was just SOOO TRIPPY! ::D:::D:::D:

Lol, I was really looking forward to that last one. Instead, I needed a new pair of pants . . . :blink:

If you get a chance to actually stare at it for 30 seconds or so then look at a picture of something (say a rose), it will actually grow and expand. Had to do it in psychology, it was great.

Lol, I was really looking forward to that last one. Instead, I needed a new pair of pants . . . :blink:

If you get a chance to actually stare at it for 30 seconds or so then look at a picture of something (say a rose), it will actually grow and expand. Had to do it in psychology, it was great.

Lol!

My sentiments exactly...