Sign in to follow this  
The Shine

New Painting Club

I'm all excited and just wanted to share.

I just started a new painting club here in Ottawa (Ontario Canada). I had put up flyers months ago in some of my local stores and was getting no responses at all. All of a sudden things finally started to come together. I have to hammer out some details still but looks like the first meeting will be in a month or so. This is great news cuz I'll finally be able to interact with my hobby on a more personal level. not to say that you guys don't fulfill my needs... :down:

::P:

Congratulations! Hope it works out, sounds like fun.

I'm lucky enough to have a few stores locally that have high levels of participation in Gaming events as well as Painting clubs/events/classes. I don't belong to any though, as well...I'm too busy painting to attend! Catch 22. I think that's why the virtual thing is more appealing to me...

Plus my setup is so elaborate, that I would feel virtually handicapped if I tried painting outside the confines of my "studio". I can see it now, "Where's my OTT Light? How come this Fuscia looks like Pinkish-Purple? Where's my Dullcote? AAAgh! You guys use water to thin your paints? Why don't these chairs have adjustable armrests?!?" :lol:

I guess I've spoiled myself.

Makes me wonder how the top-pros get along at conventions/demos when they are reduced to bare bones painting setups.