My very first mini. Hadou Ken!

kit

• Super Administrators

So I was at the Artist Conference, and everyone seemed to be happily occupied doing their thing, so I wandered out to the paint 'n take to check it out. Next thing I knew, John Bonnot was handing me a Kolinsky, and a few hours later, this is where I stopped.

I know I'm not the first person with this idea, but I saw this figure and this is the first thing that popped into my head.

ken.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Administrators
Are those T-bone steaks strapped to his forearms? ::D: Kit, this may be the first model I've ever seen you post. Rock on man! Let's see more!

Those t-bones are my (admittedly weak) attempt at a NMM texturing. :lol:

And I will post my second one if I ever finish (read: start) it.

kit

Buck was just a little daft and misunderstood needing stakes to kill the vampires attacking his monastary.

Very good first attempt. I especially like the eyes. Looks like he is staring right at me thinking "Go ahead, make fun of my steaks and PJs, I dare you." Eyes are always a difficult thing for me to paint. And wow, trying NMM on a first shot. You've got moxie. I've been learning to paint for over a year and I am still ascared of the NMM. Well, and I am no where near finishing off my tubes of metallic paints. ::D:

I was always partial to using Chun-li when I played SF.

Kit, that's as awesome a 1st mini as I've ever seen! Couple that with the fact that you attempt NMM the time out, makes it all the more impressive. I think it looks pretty darned good, man. Way to jump in head-first!

And now, I really want to go play Street Fighter....