UNIT: King Thorgram

Super Jag

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I STILL hold my breath for official verification by ReaperMatt or Reaper Bryan.

Glad to hear though that he seemingly earns his points. In his defense, Thorgram is the KING, and I don't recall any other kings in the forces. And, I'm not totally sure, but it appears that maybe, just maybe the cost for most of his support troops/elites are lower than average for their stats.

PLEASE LET IT BE A TYPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't mean a difference of 411 points to 410 points either... :lol:

His big kicker is being a warlord with melee superiority among most troops. Mixing that with Great archer abilities also(scry shot). If you take your average archer hero and add that to your run of the mill warlord you get a price just about the same as the Dwarf. He makes you come to him, then when you get there, he cuts you down like a good warlord.

His stats and cost have remained the same throughout the OLE version so I doubt they will change but I'm willing to bet Brian pays a visit to through in his two cents.

Play with the Model. See what a 30 inch ranged attack without the need for Line of Sight does for you against enemy spellcasters, etc. and then tell me if it's a typo.

I must admit that the Dwarves are but 1 of 3 forces I'm working on having (Reven, Necropolis). The Dwarves to me are just FANTASTIC in all ways, and that's saying something because I've never really been a Dwarf fan.

Just to rib you a bit Matt... what level of subjectivity should I place on deciding whether he's worth his points or not? :huh:

Play with the Model. See what a 30 inch ranged attack without the need for Line of Sight does for you against enemy spellcasters, etc. and then tell me if it's a typo.  ::D:

I questioned his point value soon after getting my OLE. I was also before I understood the rules completely. He is awesome and worth every point. Scrye Shot is EXTREMELY powerful. I never hesitate to field him in a high point game.

When I was making demo forces for Gen Con's Dungeon Crawls, I had a heck of a time because he was so expensive. Everyone else had more models than the Dwarves becasue of his cost. The end result? I think the Dwarves won all but one Dungeon Crawl.

The D-King is just plain nasty. The best way to judge if he is worth it is can he kill 411 points worth of models by himself before he dies? To this point, I have never seen him fail to do this. Like I said, just plain nasty.

When I was making demo forces for Gen Con's Dungeon Crawls, I had a heck of a time because he was so expensive. Everyone else had more models than the Dwarves becasue of his cost. The end result? I think the Dwarves won all but one Dungeon Crawl.

The D-King is just plain nasty. The best way to judge if he is worth it is can he kill 411 points worth of models by himself before he dies? To this point, I have never seen him fail to do this. Like I said, just plain nasty.

As efKelley stated - Our main objective Sunday was to Wipe that Knee-Biting bugger off the board . . . And it cost me nearly an entire Trooop of Dervishes and Polearms to do it . . . Yeah - He paid for himself after killing my cleric form 30" away and then decimating my Warlords persona guard . . . .

Rassa Frassin King Grimsteel!

Play with the Model. See what a 30 inch ranged attack without the need for Line of Sight does for you against enemy spellcasters, etc. and then tell me if it's a typo.  ::D:

All of that and a great sculpt too! What is his weapon for ranged attack, the falcon?

This discussion has occurred before. We all speculated the falcon. Naomi the vampire has the same ability (Scrye Shot), and she has bats. COOL stuff.

Anyone else thing the Dwarven Warlord is just a little pricey? 411 points seems a bit excessive for one model. None of the other warlords even come close (well, maybe after spells and the such).

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone else noted the hidden l33t thingy on the generic dragon's card? Just noted it a second ago myself. Them folkses at Reaper be odd.